DrBoo1Ghost

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2013
Looking to add some outdoor cameras to my home. Ideally, I'd like a cost-effective system that's easy to maintain (so no replacing/charging batteries in the cameras), works at night (either IR or spotlights, though IR is preferred as I frequently use a telescope in my backyard), and doesn't rely on cloud subscriptions services (so the data is recorded and stored in-house). One of the most popular devices I've found is the "Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight Camera", which can be upgraded with a home base station and solar panel/charger wire for continuous power. It does have a spotlight instead of IR LEDs, but from my limited research the benefits seem to drastically outweigh the drawbacks. Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with this particular system? Is there something else I should be looking for when looking at products? Also, I'm not particularly set on this brand/camera so any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you for looking!

Carlos2109

Honorable
Feb 27, 2017
Probably not the best answer you are looking for, but I would suggest to look up for companies in your area that deal with Home security Systems, They can inspect your Home look for blind spots and tell you your best options. They can do the job for you, and give you advice on how take care of the system.
If you don't want to spend the money on professionals, just pay for the visit and ask for the system they recommend, then just buy it and install it yourself.

I personally have just 2 Wi-Fi security Cameras and they have micro SD Slots for cards up to 128 GB so everything is saved locally, the brand is called TECKIN and they work just great. the best part the cost like 25 USD

Reactions: DrBoo1Ghost