Home Shopping Network Starts Selling Windows 8 PCs Early

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hay HSN got any windows laptops with a thunderbolt port, the laptop does not have to be an ultrabook, does not have to have a SSD, just a normal laptop with a thunderbolt port, I will also pay $150 extra for an additional thunderbolt port, on a laptop that retails for around $700.00. I would like the laptop to also at least have A core i5 ivybridge processor! If I wanted an ultrabook I would buy an Apple, but a regular size laptop with a few thunderbolt ports is my idea of an ultra/laptop!

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Looks as though none of the cheap ones are Touchscreens. That will be a $200 premium for a while. Minimum specs these days should be 1920x1080 for 13" and up touchscreens and at-least HD4000 and better GPU.

G

LOL, windows 8 on HSN. I think Win8 just jumped the shark.

there is a concern about a company who cannot get a major release date right, and there is a concern about people who buy everything on the shopping network (I am sadly related to some of them), but I think the largest concern here is that people are buying gateway computers for more than $100

... This is the surest sign I have seen that the world ends in 2012

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
do they offer an downgrade program? if not they are going to need to.. lol At this point everyone is happy with Windows 7 corp just moved to windows 7 they won't be upgrading anytime soon many consumors are happy with Windows 7 and they won't be moving to Windows 8 anytime soon so Windows 8's real enemy is Windows 7.

The fact that Home Shopping Network is the first company to offer Windows 8 computers for sale (even if it was a mistake) really says something about the prospects for Windows 8. I put Windows 8 RTM on my laptop (to mess around with Express for Windows 8) and I just can't get past the new look and feel... :??:

Status
Not open for further replies.