Question Home theater projector for gaming? True 4k?

Marplot

Great
Jan 28, 2022
Seems like true 4k are around $5,000 minimum. I am using a good Benq 4k, but realized it is really not 4k. My Alienware Aurora R13 with the RTX 3080 TI is showing I need a better monitor.

so I am in the market. Thinking bout Sony, My Home Theater is dedicated (no windows) so high lumens is not necessary, but useful. The screen is 12 feet wide.

In my first research is this Sony as a possibility, but am open to suggestions. I'd guess that my budget is around $10,000 or so.

Suggestions?
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-VPL-VW7...prefix=4k+gaming+projector,aps,83&sr=8-6&th=1

Marplot

Great
Jan 28, 2022
I may be off on a tangent. I mostly want the best projection equipment to play video games. I looked at the specs on my current projector and it says "4k". But in closer inspection, it states that pixel-shifting technology to achieve a True 4K UHD resolution of 3840x2160.

Apparently "4k" and even newer "5k" is professional cinema that has a higher standard than UHD which is more in the "consumer market."

I appreciate your input. I want to acquire a high-end projector that will give me the best features that will play video games, as well as movies.

I see better projectors in the $10,000 to $20k range. My comfort range is about $10k, or less if feasible. If I can have what I am asking at a $2,000 to more, this would be great. I don't need to spend $10k, but to let you know that I easily can.

The displays I see are high-end monitors that are limited to about 50inch and my screen is 135inch. I like this size and want the abilities of the smaller screens.

My projector is limited to 30hz, though it should be at 60hz, but this is the very best in can do. I see other projectors that can do 144hz.

My business has achieved one of my best years and growing rapidly. I can easily afford higher-end electronic equipment. My current projector is "good" but not "great."

I am lost in the tech as to how about to get my video games better.

Bottom line, I am interested in getting a projector that will best display as well as the best desk monitors.