News Homebrew Intel Arc OC Tool Released by Legendary Overclocker

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
The tool works for my reference A750 with a couple of caveats.
  1. The volt adjustment has you adjust by whole volts instead of millivolts - I.E. if I want to add 50mv to my card I type in 50 in the line for volts.
  2. The OC only adjusts faster, not slower. The only way to decrease your OC is to "reset to defaults" using Arc Control. Arc Control used to do the same thing for me, maybe still does, haven't checked in a while since I just accepted my +25,+25 OC as a good universal one. I highly recommend resetting to defaults frequently when playing with OC with Arc. At least until the platform gets more mature.
But I was able to increase my OC, raise my volts and power limit more accurately than Arc Control lets me with this tool.
I tested it with SOTTR running in windowed since it is easy to alt tab in and out of that game and with Arc Control monitoring, and the OC Tool's monitoring. Other system specs that might matter: mobo is Asus Prime Z690-P, CPU 13900kf - maybe the f might matter because igpu?
It would be nice if there was a reset to defaults button on the tool. Even though I did have Arc Control running in the background because it applies my OC if I let it start. And the two control parts didn't match, but the monitoring did. And if I changed values on one control I had to restart the other for the changes I had made to register on it.
And I was hoping to cheat and raise my power limit tbh, which I can't, but you can't complain about the price.

And it looks like Shamino has beaten MSI AB to the punch on this one :) Congrats! First third party OC tool for Arc in the world!

Edit: After making a quick use video I noticed the voltage control was off in a nonlinear fashion. +50 gave me +100mv and +150 gave me +150mv in a test shortly after.
IDK.

And don't mind the DX11 performance . Arc really doesn't like DX11 in this game.
View: https://youtu.be/wOcEBMV4SvU

Edit again: Static OC voltage isn't quite right, but better with my A750than with that A380. A setpoint of 1v gives my card 1.165v but the adjustments from that starting point are pretty close. If I give it 1.1v it locks up, but up to 1.05v was fine (card got 1.250v with that). The big benefit with OC Tool that Arc control is missing is undervolting. Sure it is static, but my card happily took a .7v setpoint which resulted in an actual .852v and ran at 2.0ghz. It ran 83% as fast for 62% the power vs stock. Tool wouldn't go lower than .7v for me though.
The biggest downside is to go back to dynamic clocks I have to clear OC Tool, Arc Control and reboot :/ And my Arc is cool and quiet as it is. But at least I have another option that exists with other brands albeit clumsy.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS