Homebuilt PC Constantly Stuttering

Oct 22, 2018
Hello, I built a PC a couple years back and I am having a big problem with my system stuttering. My OS-containing SSD failed around June or July of this year, so I bought a new Samsung 860 EVO 500Gb and did a fresh Windows install on it. As of a few weeks ago, my PC has been stuttering non-stop every 1 or 2 seconds. It is almost unbearable as I cannot play any games as they all stutter. I use Discord to voice chat with my friends and it recently started affecting Discord audio, continuously stuttering the audio making it almost sound like packet loss. I've run a few virus scans to no avail and the typical restart doesn't seem to fix the issue for more than a few minutes after startup. I am a college student and I use my PC incredibly frequently for work and programming and so if at all possible I would like to refrain from a fresh Windows install, however of course I will do anything required to fix this issue. I've provided my general specs below, please let me know if you require further information! Thank you!

Specs:

CPU: Intel i7-6700K
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (OS Drive)
HDD: 2x WD 1TB Black drives running in RAID 0
RAM: 32GB Corsair LPX DDR4
GPU: Zotac GTX 1080FE
MOBO: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
PSU: Corsair RM850x 850 Watt

Have you updated the motherboard bios to the latest version?

Have you updated all of the relevant chipset, lan, audio and other drivers from the Z170x-Gaming 7 product support page?

Have you considered that your RAID array might be responsible? Tried running the system WITHOUT the RAIDed drives connected?