Homefront 2 Release May be Pushed Back Due to THQ Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabepro

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]You don't say...[/citation]
I somehow doubt it. Their goal is to make the most money possible.

Hopefully they won't pull an Activision and release $60 "map packs" year after year.

G

Why make a Sequel to the buggiest game ever? ...... waste of money and time

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Does anyone care about Homefront 2? I'm not even trying to be ass but really does anyone? I have 4 friends out of my around 150 friends on Steam that own Homefront. I own it, I don't know how or why I do but it must have been in a pack and I never even bothered to install it let alone play it. I've never once caught any of the 4 friends playing it. Why Crytek bothered to buy the franchise is beyond me.

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
They've already invested alot into it and must be confident to continue. I'd say give them the benefit of the doubt. It's very easy to buy holiday sale packs on Steam - most of us do, and end up with lots of titles still to play (alot different from what we did a few years back).

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
"but the project fell flat because of the game's developer."

every one want's to blame the developers , fans blame the devs , then the publishers also blame devs , its just BS. when a game releases with a Myriad of bugs .. ITS JUST AS MUCH THE PUBLISHER"S FAULT AS IT IS THE DEV"S IF NOT MORE!!!. lastly the developers were not the ones that went chapter 11. so maybe it wasn't so much their fault . for people that don't know the publisher's have a rather large hand in the development direction and are in constant contact with developers over a project's progress , they utlimately set the deadline and even dictate what may or may not appear in a game . so to lay blame solely on the developer is total utter BS and shows just how little Tom's knows about the game development process. As for THQ blaming the developer that's typical a-- covering, but they KNOW better.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
This time around, I hope they'll put in more guns than just a bunch of reskinned or modded or half cut M16s......
and make the game less scripted

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
Also, the majority of the testing is done by the publisher. If you ever sat through Call of Duty credits for the scene at the end, then you know that the publisher has ~4 times as many testers as the developer.

I played through Homefront and really enjoyed it. It has good gameplay and a nice story. The only thing that bothered me was that it had a pretty short campaign. It's kind of unfortunate that Crytek has it now because they are notorious for making short campaigns.

Angry Bellic

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
THQ, What about Saint's Row 4, I am waiting a damn lot of time to say hate comments on it. GTA IV IS THE BEST!!! AND GTA V IS THE PERFECT ONE!

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]"but the project fell flat because of the game's developer."every one want's to blame the developers , fans blame the devs , then the publishers also blame devs , its just BS. when a game releases with a Myriad of bugs .. ITS JUST AS MUCH THE PUBLISHER"S FAULT AS IT IS THE DEV"S IF NOT MORE!!!. lastly the developers were not the ones that went chapter 11. so maybe it wasn't so much their fault . for people that don't know the publisher's have a rather large hand in the development direction and are in constant contact with developers over a project's progress , they utlimately set the deadline and even dictate what may or may not appear in a game . so to lay blame solely on the developer is total utter BS and shows just how little Tom's knows about the game development process. As for THQ blaming the developer that's typical a-- covering, but they KNOW better.[/citation]
Was about to post the very same thing, albeit with better grammar and spelling. +1

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]mesab66[/nom]They've already invested alot into it and must be confident to continue. I'd say give them the benefit of the doubt. It's very easy to buy holiday sale packs on Steam - most of us do, and end up with lots of titles still to play (alot different from what we did a few years back).[/citation]

I gave them the benefit of a doubt when I pre-ordered Homefront 1. That was one of the shortest, worst games I've ever purchased. Never again.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
New publisher company that pushes back the release date might prompt that the publisher don't like what they see and give the developer more time to polish the title. Many people cry over quality, why cry if that time is spent on the title to make it better?

oxiide

Distinguished
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]lastly the developers were not the ones that went chapter 11.[/citation]
Actually, Kaos Studios closed almost two years before THQ. Coincidentally only a few months after Homefront was released.

I'd still wait to read some good reviews, but I think if we're comparing Crytek to Kaos Studios, we have a reasonable expectation that Homefront 2 will be quite a bit better than its predecessor.

Status
Not open for further replies.