[SOLVED] Honeywell AirGenius 5 & Window Air Conditioner In Same Room As Custom Built Desktop

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
I decided to spend most of my Income Tax which I had in my Saving's Account and went to get - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...educer-with-permanent-filter-hfd323c/10405461

The difference between the one I had and this one OMFG its way more quiet

I just want to make sure everything is right with how far i put it

Front Picture https://forums.techguy.org/threads/...fe.1243485/page-3#lg=attachment276394&slide=0

Back Picture https://forums.techguy.org/threads/...fe.1243485/page-3#lg=attachment276395&slide=0

Picture of my room https://forums.techguy.org/threads/...fe.1243485/page-3#lg=attachment276397&slide=0

Rest of my room https://forums.techguy.org/threads/...fe.1243485/page-3#lg=attachment276398&slide=0

One other question is it okay to be running it in the same room as a Danby Window Air Conditioner and Desktop PC?

Last edited:
Solution
Yes, vacuum cleaner. They work very well on all kinds of hard surfaces, from vinyl tile to linoleum to hardwood or laminate flooring. Swiffer if you want to, that's good for dirt and footprints, but does not pull loose dust from the cracks, does not get corners, nor baseboards, not ceiling fans etc. A decent vacuum with a hose attachment will even clean out your keyboard, dust filters etc and having a HEPA filter makes sure no pollen or other microparticulates are recirculated.

The Rainbow vacuums even have 2 speeds now, vacuum and filter and are certified by the EPA as a whole house air filtration unit.

You can't get rid of dust. It's impossible. You create dust, bring it with you into rooms, it's in the air everytime you open a...

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
with high draw devices you will want to make sure they they are on separate circuits if possible. this can isolate the sudden draw/dip when the compressor kicks in from the computer.

If you look at the picture's of my room I just put into this first post the TV and Desktop are plugged into this -https://www.staples.ca/products/243...utlet-surge-protector-8-cord-900-joules-white

There Air Purifier and the Surge Protector are plugged into different wall outlet's as far as separate circuits I'm not sure as this house is old

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
If you look at the picture's of my room I just put into this first post the TV and Desktop are plugged into this -https://www.staples.ca/products/243...utlet-surge-protector-8-cord-900-joules-white

There Air Purifier and the Surge Protector are plugged into different wall outlet's as far as separate circuits I'm not sure as this house is old

could not view pictures (thumbnail only) without registering on a third party website, and I'm not gonna register to look at a picture. surges are one thing, brownouts are another, when a compressor kicks in it takes all the power, lowering the power to the PC which could cause data read/write errors or full blown restarts and unless your PC is on a battery unit a separate circuit is suggested.

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
could not view pictures (thumbnail only) without registering on a third party website, and I'm not gonna register to look at a picture. surges are one thing, brownouts are another, when a compressor kicks in it takes all the power, lowering the power to the PC which could cause data read/write errors or full blown restarts and unless your PC is on a battery unit a separate circuit is suggested.

Yeah I'm unsure how to post them on here without issues

I've had this tower since Decemeber with no issues of running the Air Conditioner even with it put on 25 and the Tower at the same time

But with it getting warmer I might buy a Powere Surge Protector with a Battery Back up just to be on the safe side when I can for the tower and tv to be on as they can cost a lot.

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
These are the one's i see just looking into them

Best Buy

CyberPower 450VA UPS Battery Backup (SE450G1-FC) - Black
$69.99

CyberPower 12-Outlet 2-USB 530W UPS Battery Backup (LE1000DG-FC)
$149.99

CyberPower 650VA UPS Battery Backup (SX650U-FC) - Black
$89.99

CyberPower 950VA UPS Battery Backup (SX950U-FC) - Black
$113.23

CyberPowerPC 1325VA UPS Battery Backup (GX1325U-FC)
$229.99

Staples

APC Back-UPS 450VA Battery Backup, 6 Outlet (BN450M-CA)
$79.99

CyberPower 8-Outlet Uninterruptible Power Supply UPS System, 450VA / 260W (SE450G1-FC)
$89.99

CyberPower 8-Outlet Uninterruptible Power Supply UPS System, 650 VA / 360 W (SX650U-FC)
$109.99

APC Back-UPS 650VA Battery Backup, 7 Outlet (BN650M1-CA)
$119.99

CyberPower 12-Outlet Uninterruptible Power Supply UPS System, 950VA / 510W (SX950U-FC)
$129.99

APC Back-UPS 900VA Battery Backup, 9 Outlet (BN900M-CA)
$159.99

CyberPower 12-Outlet + 2-USB UPS Battery Back-Up, 530W (LE1000DG-FC)
$

CyberPower 10-Outlet + 2 USB UPS Battery Back-Up, 1500VA (LX1500GU-FC)
$214.99

APC 10-Outlet Back UPS PRO 1350VA Tower (BN1350M2-CA)
$249.99

CyberPower 1325VA 810 Watt Gaming System UPS, 10 Outlet (GX1325U-FC)
$249.99
$229.97

Kijiji -

$110.00
APC UNINTERRUPTIBLE POWER SUPPLY 750VA - BRAND NEW, SEALED

Winnipeg 05/04/2020
This is a brand new APC Uninterruptible Power Supply, still sealed in its box. Its model number is Back-UPS BE750G. Its main use is to serve as a battery backup & surge protector for electronics and ...

$149.00
Tripp Lite OmniVS1500 Battery backup Surge protector

Winnipeg 24/03/2020
Tripp Lite OmniVS 120V 1500VA 940W Battery backup Surge protector * Great working condition protects and supplys power for up to 75 minutes during a power outage * 1500VA / 1.5kVA tower 120V ...

Last edited:

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
What do you mean by strange gremlins?

random bluescreens or reboots, any irregular activity you see after the new equipment is added. gremlins for short.

as to a battery, your specs will tell you where to start, how long you need it to run will tell you the rest.

if your system draws 200W and you need 2 minutes of uptime you could get along with one of the smaller units 500VA. connect it to the computer and let the software shutdown the system when triggered.
300W for 5 minutes look to 1000VA units they will increase according to the load.
the UPS is not meant to run for long times, its made to safely shutdown the system when the power fails and protect from brownouts.

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
if your system draws 200W and you need 2 minutes of uptime you could get along with one of the smaller units 500VA. connect it to the computer and let the software shutdown the system when triggered.
300W for 5 minutes look to 1000VA units they will increase according to the load.
the UPS is not meant to run for long times, its made to safely shutdown the system when the power fails and protect from brownouts.

That would depend on the Power Supply Inside the tower or How would I find out how much the system draws?

My System is this -

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Motherboard: Micro Star B450M Pro-M2 (MS-7B84)
Power Supply: Cooler Master Extreme2 525
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics
Drive: Intel 660p NVMe PCIe M.2 512GB
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 C15 2x8GB
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: Radeon AMD SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 580 Series 8 GB
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.15029.15007

Last edited:

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
GPU and CPU consumption are the lions share of the power needs
CPU 65W
GPU 230W under torture
rest 100W. this includes the drives and everything else consuming power, 100W is a fat estimate.
395W is what you might need the unit to provide, call it 400W. this is when everything is running at full that this is the draw. 3-5 minutes 850VA-1000VA. if your not gaming the up time may double or triple from that number, but assuming torture conditions 850VA or higher should cover you no matter what your doing you should have plenty of time to exit and cleanly shutdown

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
GPU and CPU consumption are the lions share of the power needs
CPU 65W
GPU 230W under torture
rest 100W. this includes the drives and everything else consuming power, 100W is a fat estimate.
395W is what you might need the unit to provide, call it 400W. this is when everything is running at full that this is the draw. 3-5 minutes 850VA-1000VA. if your not gaming the up time may double or triple from that number, but assuming torture conditions 850VA or higher should cover you no matter what your doing you should have plenty of time to exit and cleanly shutdown

So this one here should do - CyberPower 950VA UPS Battery Backup (SX950U-FC) - Black - https://www.staples.ca/products/292...-power-supply-ups-system-950va-510w-sx950u-fc of $129.99 ??

or this - CyberPower 10-Outlet + 2 USB UPS Battery Back-Up, 1500VA (LX1500GU-FC) at $214.99 but that I couldn't put on ground right since its a looks like a desktop??

Oh upgrading the CPU to Ryzen 5 1400 would that CPUW go up?

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The easiest way to answer that question is at the plug and in your panel box. Even in older homes, if the room was intended for window ac units, they'd have been on a seperate circuit due to their miserable efficiency back when the house was built. Most were 240v rated for that reason. So you'd be looking at a much different outlet than the standard duplex. In the panel box would be a 2pole breaker seperate from the rooms single poke breaker.

In older homes there was usually just 1 outlet on any wall unless it was rediculously long, if that's the only outlet, it might be 120v and all part of the same circuit as the rest of the room. If that's the case, look at the panel label on the rear of the unit, it will have the amperage or wattage or both that the unit needs to run. That applies to the air purifier too. You'll need the max amperage draw or watts/120 to get that. Figure on 5-6A for the entire pc, leaving you with 10-15A depending on the room breaker size. If the AC unit is 8A, the purifier 2A, the pc 5A, that's 15A total. If the room is 15A at the breaker, you are not safe from brown outs or damage. If the breaker is 20A you are OK. If the AC is a seperate breaker, you are ok.

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
The easiest way to answer that question is at the plug and in your panel box. Even in older homes, if the room was intended for window ac units, they'd have been on a seperate circuit due to their miserable efficiency back when the house was built. Most were 240v rated for that reason. So you'd be looking at a much different outlet than the standard duplex. In the panel box would be a 2pole breaker seperate from the rooms single poke breaker.

In older homes there was usually just 1 outlet on any wall unless it was rediculously long, if that's the only outlet, it might be 120v and all part of the same circuit as the rest of the room. If that's the case, look at the panel label on the rear of the unit, it will have the amperage or wattage or both that the unit needs to run. That applies to the air purifier too. You'll need the max amperage draw or watts/120 to get that. Figure on 5-6A for the entire pc, leaving you with 10-15A depending on the room breaker size. If the AC unit is 8A, the purifier 2A, the pc 5A, that's 15A total. If the room is 15A at the breaker, you are not safe from brown outs or damage. If the breaker is 20A you are OK. If the AC is a seperate breaker, you are ok.

I don't understand any of that sorry I know there's a picture of them downstairs on the panel box but I wouldn't know how to post a link into that here so you all could see it

Anyway the Air Purifier is going back once I wake up later today I can't stand the metal like taste in my mouth that I believe is coming from the Ionizer

It has also been on since 5 pm and it's not even really doing anything just seems to be blowing the dust around .

I'll go to a pick up the 950V If you think that will work for my Tower and TV ??

So that its on a back up battery anyway so that way it doesn't just go off or damages when the electricity flickers sometimes when it thunders for like a brief min.

Is there something else that will get rid of the dust in my room other then a Air Purifier that has an Ionizer like are there one's without them??

Or a way to take them off this one I have in the other room that's off right now - https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/honeywell-tower-air-purifier-0435008p.html

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes. A microfiber cloth and a decent vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter every few days.

Air purifiers are ok, but do exactly nothing for dust that's not disturbed and settles on the floor or furniture. Getting rid of that will do far more good. Also make sure the filtration on the window unit is kept clean, it'll get to a point where it's dirty enough that it only sucks in very local air, so ends up not doing much for most of the room.

Reactions: EsmaFingerpin

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016
Yes. A microfiber cloth and a decent vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter every few days.

Air purifiers are ok, but do exactly nothing for dust that's not disturbed and settles on the floor or furniture. Getting rid of that will do far more good. Also make sure the filtration on the window unit is kept clean, it'll get to a point where it's dirty enough that it only sucks in very local air, so ends up not doing much for most of the room.

vacuum cleaner ?? I have hardwood floors through the entire house

I have a Bedsheet over top of my couch that i sit on everyday and it gets thrown in the wash when I usually do my laundry and put a clean one on until its out of the dryer

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, vacuum cleaner. They work very well on all kinds of hard surfaces, from vinyl tile to linoleum to hardwood or laminate flooring. Swiffer if you want to, that's good for dirt and footprints, but does not pull loose dust from the cracks, does not get corners, nor baseboards, not ceiling fans etc. A decent vacuum with a hose attachment will even clean out your keyboard, dust filters etc and having a HEPA filter makes sure no pollen or other microparticulates are recirculated.

The Rainbow vacuums even have 2 speeds now, vacuum and filter and are certified by the EPA as a whole house air filtration unit.

You can't get rid of dust. It's impossible. You create dust, bring it with you into rooms, it's in the air everytime you open a door and walk through. You won't get rid of it. All you can do is minimize its exposure by wiping down surfaces or removing it from the furniture or floors so that movement has nothing to stir up. There isn't an electric or electronic miricle device that'll clean the air for you, it'll remove some, some will settle, you create or bring in more and walk through the room stirring it up.

Your current device is just as good as any other, but nothing can replace you physically removing the dust.

Solution

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016

You can't get rid of dust. It's impossible. You create dust, bring it with you into rooms, it's in the air everytime you open a door and walk through. You won't get rid of it. All you can do is minimize its exposure by wiping down surfaces or removing it from the furniture or floors so that movement has nothing to stir up. There isn't an electric or electronic miricle device that'll clean the air for you, it'll remove some, some will settle, you create or bring in more and walk through the room stirring it up.

Your current device is just as good as any other, but nothing can replace you physically removing the dust.

Yeah I have a vacuum here but it just has that big hose part to it none the actual attachments to it as it is my room mates and even she doesn't know where any of the attachments are to it.

I took the Air Purifier back last night to Best Buy to get my money back and the difference of how my eye glasses were last night and now tonight.

My Eye Glasses tonight are full of dust and I would like to at least be able to get it down somehow so I need a suggestion as to how without spending $300.00+ on a vacum that has attachments

My Eye Glasses last night had a bit of dust on them but nothing comparied as they are tonight.

There is like a Swiffer in this house its not an actual Swiffer but works just like one only difference is the bottom part can go in the wash and dryer instead buying new one's always.

EsmaFingerpin

Honorable
Mar 20, 2016