News Hori announces official Valve-licensed Steam Controller — launches on Halloween in four colors

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
Valve makes fairly high quality hardware. I don't like the first steam controller since I could never get used to the tracpads, but this one looks easy to pick up and play.
I like the extra buttons and don't expect issues like some other extra button controllers I've used. If Valve doesn't have some light software to assign them on non Steam games (most of my library is on Steam but not all) I'd probably dig out Xpadder.

I hope they come out in the US.

Reactions: ivan_vy

ivan_vy

Commendable
Apr 22, 2022
Valve makes fairly high quality hardware. I don't like the first steam controller since I could never get used to the tracpads, but this one looks easy to pick up and play.
I like the extra buttons and don't expect issues like some other extra button controllers I've used. If Valve doesn't have some light software to assign them on non Steam games (most of my library is on Steam but not all) I'd probably dig out Xpadder.

I hope they come out in the US.
first steam controller was very hard to get use it, tried to please everyone by being a half step between K+M and a controller.

Jun 28, 2024
Hori is just a cheap 3rd party controller company, similar to madkatz. These aint made by valve, they are just licensing the name. They might end up "ok", but i just dont see the advantage of ANY 3rd party controller over just using an xbox or playstation controller. These 3rd party controllers are useable "passable" at best or hot garbage at worse, with the exception of 8bitdos products. For the price you can just get official sony or microsoft controllers and know what you are getting.

Pierce2623

Upstanding
Dec 3, 2023
Hori is just a cheap 3rd party controller company, similar to madkatz. These aint made by valve, they are just licensing the name. They might end up "ok", but i just dont see the advantage of ANY 3rd party controller over just using an xbox or playstation controller. These 3rd party controllers are useable "passable" at best or hot garbage at worse, with the exception of 8bitdos products. For the price you can just get official sony or microsoft controllers and know what you are getting.
Hori actually makes good products. They generally don’t sell cheap garbage controllers like madcatz.

TRENDING THREADS