Horizontal Black Bars on Login Screen / Total Blackout Once Logged In

Brother_Down

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
Hello. Yesterday I was browsing Facebook when suddenly my screen turned completely black. I tried running the task manager but nothing happened. My computer had stopped making noise / operating, but it was still on. So, I held the power button and restarted it. On the login screen, suddenly there were black bars across the screen. I attached a few pictures to show what it looks like:

7bZ5bMg.jpg

oJCiAOW.jpg

Whenever I login, the screen goes black and my computer stops making noise, as if its frozen and not making any progress in any way. But, when I run my computer in safe mode, it works fine. It works fine in resolutions up to 1600x1200, and thats when it stops to work. Any higher and the screen goes black. The problem isn't the monitor either, the problem persists with other monitors.

In safe mode, here's what I did:
-Tried to update pertinent drivers
-Rolled back pertinent drivers
-After rolling back, manually installed the updates from AMD's website
-Restored my computer to two days ago

Unfortunately, none of this worked. The resolution seems to have something to do with it. It's as if suddenly my computer can't handle high resolutions. Maybe my graphics card is messed up? It's a decently new computer, only two years old.

Here are some of my specs: (When I run Speccy, it says "Failed to run SPC dll")

Display Adapter:
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Processor:
Intel i7-2600

Running WIndows 7 Home Premium

The more I type, the more I'm beginning to think it's my graphics card. Any tips to try to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows a way to make the resolution settings carry over from safe mode to normal, that too would be appreciated so I don't have to always use safe mode.

Thanks for your time.