Question Horizontal black line on screen

Feb 24, 2021
Hello there i recently got a new PC with a 1660 Super Phoenix from ASUS and i had it for a couple of days but since Monday i think i noticed a Horizontal Black line flash for a second even shorter that couldn't be noticed much but it continued more frequently since then. I have an AOC 27V2Q 27 inch Monitor with a 75 Hz refresh rate.

A friend of mine advised me to try to reinstall the GPU drivers which i did from the Device Manager Tab i uninstalled the driver then downloaded the the required driver from Asus's site and installed it with GeForce Experience fully and updated everything till the end but now the black flash is on the bottom at the task manager and rarely at the top.

I really don't know what else could it be anymore since it happens to flash when i turn off Chrome, watch videos on Youtube/Twitch and or access apps like steam or World of Warcraft sometimes as well.

Any help is really appreciated and I thank you in advance for taking a bit of your time to help me out if you can

Feb 24, 2021
Hello there

I got a new Build recently and installed everything new with windows but my monitor started flashing a black line periodically on the top of the screen while i am changing tabs in windows, watching videos on Youtube/Twitch and play some games in borderless windowed mode. I haven't noticed this happen while playing Fullscreen games somehow. I ran OBS to try to record the glitch but when it happened it didn't register on the recording so i thought it could be due to the monitor and then i switched to my old PC and i couldn't get that black line to appear. So now i am back to thinking it's something to due to the new PC or something.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Graphics Card Drivers for the 1660 super through the device manager and the problem still persists the only thing i noticed was when i reinstalled the drivers i got a black line flashing in the bottom as well. I tried changing from HDMI to DP but it still had the issue where at a certain time a line will flash for a milisecond or a second like it's only noticable when on YouTube, watching a Movie or when changing tabs. I don't have an idea on how to fix this should i reinstall the Windows fully or something else any advice is appreciated.

My Components:
Asus Phoenix 1660 Super
Intel i5-10400f
Ram - 8Gb
MB - Asus Prime h410m-a

Resolution 1080p
In the display advanced settings My monitor shows as 74Hz while on the old PC it shows 74.93Hz i don't think this can be the issue since i searched around and saw that it was only circled down to the number and nothing else.

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. If it's an unit recycled from an older platform, include the age of the PSU.

Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers. Use Nvidia's support site to source the latest drivers and install any and/or all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Adminsitrator.

Which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Feb 24, 2021
I managed to find out recently that due to some windows Update the GTX 1660 Super has a problem with this flicker for a second that in the latest driver update from NVIDIA they announced it in the Update.
I apologize for those two treads since i really was worried if it was due to the Monitor as the guarantee date was closing in.