Horizontal Line across monitor

Cylon-95

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
I was playing a Company of heroes 2 match with my friend when suddenly the monitor went black. I couldn't see or hear anything except my friend through discord. I restarted my PC and a white horizontal line appeared on the monitor in the top half with some smaller green dots right above.

I unplugged my monitor and PC and restarted after a while and the line was still there. I unhooked the video cable and used a spare and the line was still there. I moved the video cable a little bit and the white line gained a purple/pink hue. When I moved it back it returned to white. Additionally, when I unplugged the video cable from my PC, the line was gone from the monitor and it prompted me with "No signal."

My PC ran fine, all the fans works and the monitor also worked, the buttons in the bottom of the monitor still worked and I could still access the monitor's brightness and other settings.

Could this be a GPU problem? and how can I fix it? My GPU's fan on works if the temperature is high so I couldn't tell if it was working or not.

Update: My computer and monitor have been plugged in with the video cable for a while now, when I start up the PC the white line is gone but the "No signal sign" is still there.

GPU: EVGA SC GTX970 ACX 2.0

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/1aHrk