Question Horizontal lines and black screen, especially at high refresh rates ?

Jul 9, 2022
Hi all,

I have recently built a new PC with nVidia GeForce RTX 3060ti in it and bought a new monitor - iiyama G-Master GB2770HSU-B1. I am having issues with the display though ever since started using the PC on higher refresh rates.

It is particularly visible on 165Hz refresh rate, but give it time and the situation replicates at any refresh rates (even 50Hz), especially after playing games for a longer period (a few hours). 29 lipca 2022 - YouTube - link to the 165Hz issue.

Drivers are up to date (using GeForce Experience software).

Could you please advise?

Thank you

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
I would start by going to Windows Update and look at the optional updates that are available. Sometimes, system drivers for the detected monitor will be available and that could help.
If not, try reinstalling the Nvidia drivers with a clean installation, or test with a different display cable. It is possible the display cable has gone bad, or simply just not the right cable to handle the high refresh rates and other display features that may be on as well.

This being said, you should include whether or not you are using any other features for better help; features such as HDR, 4K resolutions, Instant Game Response, GSync, etc.

Jul 9, 2022
I have switched between HDMI and DP cables, no difference and all the same issues.

There are no system drivers available.

Monitor I'm using: iiyama - G-Master GB2770HSU-B1 Unleash your full gaming potential with the Fast IPS GB2770HSU Red Eagle

No HDR, no 4k, I am not aware of Instant Game Response, no GSync, didn't turn on FreeSync.

I will try reinstalling Nvidia drivers and will post once done.

EDIT:
I have also switched to another, standard no-gaming monitor, and there are no issues as in the videos above. So it's clearly either my GPU that cannot handle the screen or the faulty display.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022
I reinstalled display drivers, didn't solve the issue. Any other ideas what else might be wrong? I'm leaning towards a faulty display but before sending it back I would like to check as many boxes as possible. Thanks!!!