Horizontal Moving Lines on 4 Year Old LCD

Straften

Honorable
May 20, 2012
I have had my TV for 3 or 4 years, and it has been used as a gaming computer monitor for that time. I realize this is rough usage, and that I have put miles on it, but I would like to know if it is something I can fix. The lines seems to appear when there is a gray screen. They are not solid lines, but kind of like a darker version of the image. They kind of flutter up the screen. I noticed when I made the screen solid white that some parts of the white were brighter than others, but these differences were not moving. Trying to figure out if this is backlight failure or what.

47" 1920x1080 LG TV

Thanks guys!

SOLVED - I had an RGB with a DVI adapter hooked onto the video card. This bulky connector cause the pins or cord to wear over time, and the connection was weakened, causing the lines. When I replaced it with a mini HDMI to HDMI, the problem went away.

Straften

Honorable
May 20, 2012

Thanks for the link! I actually read that thread already though. My monitor is not a cheap brand, and I didn't replace any capacitors, so I reposted it here in case that matters. Many posters on the other thread seemed to think that the cheap brand did matter, and was part of the problem. My television is still under warranty, and I am calling it in. I hope these issues are covered.