[SOLVED] Horizontal Red Lines

Jan 19, 2020
Just got a new computer built after a lot of headache, and for a majority of the day it had been working just fine. I had been downloading a bunch of stuff and no issues for about a full day. Then after playing some games with friends, I started to get massive video issues. Horizontal red lines filling the screen. They do not show up when screenshot. Have been poking at this for about 4 hours now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers countless times. From all else I had read it says that there s a good chance the GPU may be on its way out. To try and check this I put the card from my old computer in and it wouldn't even show anything on screen when I booted (granted the old card is ancient, GeForce 480). The card I got is a used GeForce 960, and from what I read, that's likely the thing dying. But as I don't really have any spare money right now, if I can find any kind of fix to get this working until then, that'd be great.

Jan 19, 2020
Specs are ASRock X370 Killer SLI/AC mobo, Ryzen 7 2700, G.Skill Ripjaw V 2x8gb and EVGA GeForce 960. The BIOS was updated to 5.4 via an AMD loaner kit as the board is incompatible with the cpu otherwise. I am also running Windows 10.

Hi,

Run the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter. If this doesn't solve the problem.

Remove the driver with this software DDU (follow the instractions how)
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
and then install the latest version of you graphics card.

If it is GPU's hardware problem then it might help to lower the power limit through graphics cards software.

Do the above and let us know the outcome.

Solution
Jan 19, 2020
I did forget to mention I’ve had code 43 pop up in device manager while doing the other tries for this. Troubleshooter only have me the ‘issues’ of not having 4K drivers, which I don’t have anything that is capable of running that, so I don’t foresee that as an issue. DDU has been run (didn’t fix it) and the install of the card drivers did nothing either.
How would I lower the voltage of the gpu? I don’t have any gpu software that I know of outside of the drivers installed.

Check the official site of your card. It offers free a software with plethora of features among them to set voltage/frequency values.