Horizontal screen tearing after a move

Schpoonman

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014
I recently moved and upon setting my computer back up, I've started getting horizontal screen-tearing which has never happened before. First changing the theme (I'm on Windows 7 currently, switched from standard to Aero) fixed the tearing on stuff like YouTube, Twitch, and a few AAA games (Black Ops 2 is the only one I've been playing recently), but other indie games (Nuclear Throne) and now Diablo 3 is experiencing screen tearing and some minor graphics glitches.

Here's the relevant parts to my set-up:
AOC G2770PQU
EVGA GTX 970
i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz

I'm connecting the monitor and GPU via DisplayPort, let me know if there's other information needed.

Solution
as you moved the pc. turn it off and unplug it. wait for the power good led to go out. when it does reseat the gpu and ram. also check to see that the cpu chip is still locked in. some large air coolers and moving a pc can pull the cpu up off the pins of the mb.
as you moved the pc. turn it off and unplug it. wait for the power good led to go out. when it does reseat the gpu and ram. also check to see that the cpu chip is still locked in. some large air coolers and moving a pc can pull the cpu up off the pins of the mb.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS