[SOLVED] horizontal striped lines across bottom of the screen

Jan 21, 2021
monitor: AOC 24g2
had this monitor for more than a year, 2 months ago the top left corner part of my screen started showing some faint striped lines, and yesterday it suddenly happened to the bottom half of my screen
Changing cables did not do anything
Checked if it was present in the bios and it was
I dont think its a driver/gpu issue, the lines dont show up when I take screenshot, and I tried reinstalling/updating drivers
Wiggling around the cable did not do anything
Unplugging the power did not fix it
Changing the resolution and the refresh rates did not change anything either
View: https://imgur.com/fKZjvs0

Solution
okay, could be the actual display then. You might need to contact AOC if its still under warranty.

I have 3600XT with 2070 Super running 32 inch 1440p screen at 144 so I know it can do it. It should easily do a 24 inch screen,
Jan 21, 2021
Hi thanks for the reply, I am running at 144 hz with a 2070 super + r5 3600 and yes with a display port. I had no issues at all for more than a year until yesterday. I highly doubt it is due to the gpu or any drivers. As far as the refresh rate, I tried everything from 120hz to 60hz, it doesnt change anything, lines are still there

Colif

Win 11 Master
okay, could be the actual display then. You might need to contact AOC if its still under warranty.

I have 3600XT with 2070 Super running 32 inch 1440p screen at 144 so I know it can do it. It should easily do a 24 inch screen,

Solution