Horrible Flickering/Jagged edges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guykaz

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Hey
let me explain myself real quick,ive horrible aliasing in every single game, i never encountered this problem before, it just appeared after a pc reformat.
i have tried almost everything, i updated monitor drivers, graphics card drivers, tried installing older graphics card drivers, adjusting settings with nvidia control panel, adjusting In-Game settings, switched from VGA cable to DVI cables and i even had my whole pc checked for any sort of problems even tho AA isnt really a problem but i was still concerned if something couldve happend to my monitor/GPU/PSU.
its just driving me insane, please help me

SPECS:
16gb RAM
Nvidia gtx 970
i7 4790k
Philips226v4 Monitor

Solution

That is normal aliasing. The problem is there are many different types of aliasing and Anti-Aliasing. Every type of AA has a weakness, mostly in the lack of ability to change different types of aliasing. Except in the case of SGSSAA, which is generally considered the most complete form of AA, you get a huge performance penalty.

The are likely 3 things that changed after the reformat; 1) you might be searching heavily for a problem, and are now just noticing problems you never paid attention to before now, or 2) you may have had some settings set in the Nvidia control panel or other 3rd party software that forced a type of AA that you like better, or 3) it's possible...

That is normal aliasing. The problem is there are many different types of aliasing and Anti-Aliasing. Every type of AA has a weakness, mostly in the lack of ability to change different types of aliasing. Except in the case of SGSSAA, which is generally considered the most complete form of AA, you get a huge performance penalty.

The are likely 3 things that changed after the reformat; 1) you might be searching heavily for a problem, and are now just noticing problems you never paid attention to before now, or 2) you may have had some settings set in the Nvidia control panel or other 3rd party software that forced a type of AA that you like better, or 3) it's possible you had some settings changed with your monitor that used to blur things a lot more than now (sharpness or lack there of).

Solution

Guykaz

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
using SGGSAA indeed reduced the horrible aliasing by ALOT but it just doesnt work on some games
i followed this guide.
any other recommendations?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/299740/discussions/0/2132869574264276328/
The thing is that i dont remember applying these settings maybe theyve been automatically set somehow before the reformat??

Status
Not open for further replies.