Host process for windows services

VSI2110

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
Hello,
I recently installed win10, all good, except that i noticed that something was consuming all my internet juice, i did turned off all backgroud apps, disabled Windows update, yet didn't stopped, then my killer network manager revealed that "host process for windows services" was using all the juice.
What is it? And what purpose does it serve? (Please, simple english)
And is it okay if i restrict its access to internet?
Thank you! :)

Solution
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/what-is-svchostexe-and-why-is-it-running/ you can disable or restart it if you wish

Colif

Win 11 Master
its likely to be windows update if you haven't got the latest version of win 10, its probably back loading it so it can offer you the 3gb update all at once.

I wouldn't restrict access to a windows service, they generally don't like that. And it may have unforeseen results.

VSI2110

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
Ohh, I'm expecting an ssd on Saturday, so, I might just do all the updates then,

Microsoft knows when i block access to that? Well, they should have thought about and make it download the updates only when I'm not using the pc or i can do manually, like IOS.
Anyway, thanks a lot.

Colif

Win 11 Master
funny, latest version adds the ability to time when windows update runs

It might be other applications too as the windows store uses same processes. Store is also used for driver updates that windows makes sometimes. It can update Nvidia drivers unless you use geforce experience to do that.