[SOLVED] Hot CPU and GPU Need fix Help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

David E 1774

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Results should be error-free, and without system hangs or crashes.

it finished in my sleep no errors at all no problems at all it also said the same note three times also while it was doing the test at first it was 22c and slowly dropping to 16c

David E 1774

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
I'm kind of stumped now. Removing the automatic driver installers fixed it?

I think so ....

This might be weird and crazy and is out of left field to say but restarting the computer is more liable to give me signal again is it possible that it fix it self....ish. About a week ago if I restart it would not get signal without messing with the cables but now i can restart it multiple times in a day.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Overdrive is not wrong. Afterburner and HWMonitor are.

I told you earlier that AMD used a completely different means to read temperature on those FX cpus, and that's what Overdrive follows.
The other 2 programs do not do that.

If AMD says the FX-6300 has a thermal margin of 70.5C:
A)When using Overdrive, it counts down from 70.5C as the cpu warms up. If any cpu core readings - and only core readings - report values of 0, or a negative number(ex: -12C), then that core(s) is overheating, and will cause the cpu to thermal throttle.

B)When using HWMonitor/Afterburner: Both of these programs would read the thermal throttle limit as 100C, which isn't stated by AMD, so HOW are they accurate?

David E 1774

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Overdrive is not wrong. Afterburner and HWMonitor are.

Sorry
As you know what you are talking (i'm just saying random things) I thank you every much for helping me and explaining this to me

thankfully i read this before i was about to cancel it as they wanted to confirm if it through my email and i saw what you posted let me just delete what i just posted as what i said was wrong

can you explain this to me I read on a many forms that your cpu cannot fall below the room temp is this true yes or no As i reread that I just answer my own question that is not ture

But this is confusing me the most how can my cpu be overheating when its so cold at -5.5c (it spiked to -14c for a second) are icy cold and supper hot both considered as overheating?

Also this how can my cpu fan be at 12.5% but still getting so cold

Also when I download the new java update then tried to open chrome and it crash and went to blue screen and said "Thread_stuck_in_device_driver"

so i search it up videos this one said it's the drivers so i updated manual cpu and gpu and both said they are update then I found another one that said run this in your cmd "sfc /scannow" and also to do an error checking on your windows drive and to restart the computer. I did that and played minecraft and left it running and it did not crash or give me blue screen

while i was typing this my cpu temps are at 16c-44c

Edit is CPUID HWMonitor wrong for everything or just the temps as it says my min wattage my cpu is taking 30 and the max is 43.90w Edit i realize that the max wattage is going to be 95 w it does not mean its going to be taking out 95w every second

Sorry If I'm getting on your nerves :(:(

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
can you explain this to me I read on a many forms that your cpu cannot fall below the room temp is this true yes or no As i reread that I just answer my own question that is not ture
That IS true. But you can't apply that when reading from Overdrive due to the way it reports cpu core thermals.
I don't why AMD did it that way - it just causes confusion.
If you have cores reporting -5.5C and -14C, then they are considered overheating.

Also when I download the new java update then tried to open chrome and it crash and went to blue screen and said "Thread_stuck_in_device_driver"
Thread stuck in device driver: A device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle.
This usually indicates problem with the hardware itself, or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Frequently, this is the result of a bad video card, overheating, or a bad display driver.
-manually updating the gpu driver
-manually updating the audio and lan drivers
-keeping the PC cool
-replacing the psu in the event it has trouble delivering adequate power to the gpu
-replacing the gpu if damaged
^All potential fixes for that BSOD error.

while i was typing this my cpu temps are at 16c-44c
If that's from Overdrive, that is fine.

Edit is CPUID HWMonitor wrong for everything or just the temps as it says my min wattage my cpu is taking 30 and the max is 43.90w Edit i realize that the max wattage is going to be 95 w it does not mean its going to be taking out 95w every second
It is wrong ONLY with the cpu CORE TEMPS.

David E 1774

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
-manually updating the gpu driver
-manually updating the audio and lan drivers
-keeping the PC cool
-replacing the psu in the event it has trouble delivering adequate power to the gpu
-replacing the gpu if damaged

I updated the gpu driver and there was a new one and just got it installed, reinstalled audio and lan drivers, cpu is staying at 8c-30.2c (cpu fan cooler in shipping) new psu is coming too, gpu seems fine, no dmgs

If that's from Overdrive, that is fine.

from Overdrive

It is wrong ONLY with the cpu CORE TEMPS.

Rogger will only use overdrive for temps now on and will update when the psu and cpu tower cooler

Reactions: Phaaze88

David E 1774

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020

I more believe that the psu is causing the problem as a few days ago i could have my bluetooth adapter and usb plugged in both at the same time and everything will be fine until a few days ago when my audio on my airpods started cutting in and out so i redownload the drivers and it still happen until today when i unplug usb and just have my bluetooth and it works fine now with no audio cuts

David E 1774

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
-keeping the PC cool
-replacing the psu in the event it has trouble

just install the new cpu fan and the psu temps are 50’s c idling and while playing it goes down to 20c-30c
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCHH WITH THIS I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE