I have a AMD xp2700, when checking my cpu temp it consistently says 73/C is
this right, it seems a bit hot to me. would a bigger better fan help, if so
which one?

tool

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004

Well, a better fan/heatsink combo would help. Look around for
thermaltake or thermalright.... thermalright makes excellent
heatsinks but you'll probabily need to find a fan that fits the
heatsink, they aren't usually sold together with thermalright. All
you need to know is what kind of slot/socket your processor uses, so
I'm guessing its socket A, so look for a socket A heatsink... you
could post links to some if you'd like my oppinion, just make sure
you verify that it is socket A. For a temporary solution try leaving
the side of the case off and checking the temp, it'll probabily go
down pretty nicely with the side off. If you're that worried about it
you could even set a room fan next to the open side of the case, sure
its ghetto, but running cool is important.

==============

In article <20040709090107.06753.00001251@mb-m13.aol.com>,
ChrisandVerity says...
> I have a AMD xp2700, when checking my cpu temp it consistently says 73/C is
> this right, it seems a bit hot to me. would a bigger better fan help, if so
> which one?

Too hot but is it reporting right? What are you using to get that
figure?

--
Conor

Dumb as a box of rocks...

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:01:07 +0000, ChrisandVerity wrote:

> I have a AMD xp2700, when checking my cpu temp it consistently says 73/C is
> this right, it seems a bit hot to me. would a bigger better fan help, if so
> which one?

Well, if the 73C is right, then it's too hot. What did it show originally?
Have you upgraded the bios for your MB? Is the cooler properly installed
with thermal interface material? Is it clogged with dust. Etc. Knowing
which MB and cooler you have would have helped. I wouldn't buy a new
cooler til I knew that was causing the problem.

I'am using SISoftware Sandra to check the temp