Question hot headset wires

Apr 21, 2019
I have a Redragon Siren headset and it is pretty good for the price point, the bass is phenomenal and the sound quality is good, the mic sucks since it is a stubby mic but it delivers my voice clearly. This morning however that change as the wires are starting to get hot, really hot. It was like touching a mug filled with hot coffee, and when I tested the sounds, some kind of popping was happening inside the headset, it is like a continuous beat. The popping won't stop even though i have the volume on mute, it will only stop if i unplug it to my pc. Except from the wire near the base of the headset, the hub (or that thing that houses all the volumes and mute button) is hot too, those are the only spot that are hot. I don't know what happened, i left it untouched this evening, i also haven't smelled any burning or weird stench on the headset. The lights on the side of the headset is also not functioning properly.

I would like to ask what exactly is causing this, and should i keep using it or replace it?

(it is also under 1 year warranty but replacement for it is expired)

Lutfij

Titan
It's possible that the headset is faulty or has terrible QC and the point you mentioned about the wires heating up, can be an indication of poor workmanship.

You might also want to see if the same headset exhibits the same issue on a donor system.

Speaking of which, mind sharing the specs to your current system the headset is plugged in to?
List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Apr 21, 2019
Ryzen 5 2600
aorus b450m
2x 8gb patriot viper steel 3000
120 ssd for os
2x 2tb for games
zotac 1070 mini
corsair vs650
rakk hunit (local brand)
windows 10

it worked fine for about 9 months, its been dropped a couple of times but not on a hard surface and not that serious of a fall

Apr 21, 2019
update: this headset is done for, i left it plugged in for 10 minutes then smelled the hot part and indeed it smelled like it burned the wires inside.
I now ask for help on choosing a headset, is hs50 good?