[SOLVED] Hot Humid Gaming and build advice

Jan 19, 2019
I hope it's okay to post this here.

I'm debating whether to build a new PC.

I live in Rarotonga, Cook Islands at the moment. I moved here about 3 years ago from New Zealand. I also brought my old rig which I believe was around 5-6+ years old at the time. After about a year and half in Raro, my PC died. I haven't had one since. If I recall correctly, the motherboard had shorted. A few components also had developed corrosion. I wonder if this was due to age or humidity + high temps?

Humidity right now is around 83%, which is probably due to my house being located about 70ft from our saltwater lagoon. Temperatures average around 29 degrees C every day. I don't have A/C.

I'm hesitant to build a new PC if I'm going to experience some hardware issues within a short amount of time. I'll just need it to last me until the end of year, as I'll be moving back to New Zealand then.

Here is the build I had in mind. I haven't had much experience with these newer components so any constructive criticism, recommendations and advice is greatly appreciated.

Case: Cooler Master Mastercase H500M
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Geforce RTX 2080 Xtreme Waterforce 8G
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X
CPU Cooler: NZXT X52 AIO
Ram: 16gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F ATX
SSD and HDD: have a couple lying around.
PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 1000W

What's your guys' take on the AIO liquid cooler and the RTX 2080? Are they good for my build or will they be affected by the climate? or should I stick to air cooling? I've been reading a lot about RTX 2070 and 2080 Ti's failing so I've tried to avoid them. I haven't heard of any issues with the 2080 thus far, correct me if I'm wrong.

So, my big question is:

Is this build any good, and will it last about a year in high humidity and hot temps?

I'm sorry if everything is in a bit of a mess, or I seem to jumping from question to question.

Again, I will very much appreciate any and all help I get.

Solution
Nice! The build looks fine to me.

As for the humidity, the only thing I can recommend is to invest in a small Dehumidifier for the room your PC is in. If you're going to spend over 1000$ on a pc, a couple hundred spent protecting it from humidity is well worth it in my opinion.
Aug 27, 2018
Nice! The build looks fine to me.

As for the humidity, the only thing I can recommend is to invest in a small Dehumidifier for the room your PC is in. If you're going to spend over 1000$ on a pc, a couple hundred spent protecting it from humidity is well worth it in my opinion.

Solution