Is there someplace in WinXP to assign functions to my dedicated hot keys.
The "cut" - "copy" & "paste" keys no longer work E-machine technical help
seems to be clueless. This board is excellent, thanks!

I assume you are talking about keys on your keyboard. Those are specific to
your keyboard and controlled by the drivers for the keyboard which are
supplied by the manufacturer. Check the keyboard manufacturer's website for
updated drivers or software.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Carl Zinn" <carzin@alltel.net> wrote in message
> Is there someplace in WinXP to assign functions to my dedicated hot keys.
> The "cut" - "copy" & "paste" keys no longer work E-machine technical help
> seems to be clueless. This board is excellent, thanks!

I tried that but it didn't do any good. Is there a help group like this one
for E-machine users?
Is there a web site other than E-machine I could use to get drivers for this
keyboard?

>I assume you are talking about keys on your keyboard. Those are specific
>to your keyboard and controlled by the drivers for the keyboard which are
>supplied by the manufacturer. Check the keyboard manufacturer's website
>for updated drivers or software.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "Carl Zinn" <carzin@alltel.net> wrote in message
>> Is there someplace in WinXP to assign functions to my dedicated hot keys.
>> The "cut" - "copy" & "paste" keys no longer work E-machine technical
>> help seems to be clueless. This board is excellent, thanks!

The dedicated keys on your emachine keyboard are different from XP keyboard
shortcuts. You can only remedy problems with the dedicated keys with the
means provided on the emachines cd's or the manufacturer's support system.

For help with Windows keyboard shortcuts, go to Start>Help and Support and
type "Windows keys" in the search box in the upper left.

You would most likely find an emachines specific forum by means of a link on
the emachines website.

"Carl Zinn" <carzin@alltel.net> wrote in message
> Is there someplace in WinXP to assign functions to my dedicated hot keys.
> The "cut" - "copy" & "paste" keys no longer work E-machine technical help
> seems to be clueless. This board is excellent, thanks!

As Colin has pointed out your best bet for finding such a user group would
be to check the E-Machines website. You might also try doing a search on
Google either for references to your problem and/or user groups.