[SOLVED] Hot outside, CPU dying?

Jul 23, 2019
Hello everyone.

There are actually 40°C outside and i played The Witcher 3 when there were around 36°C.
Eventough I was monitoring my CPU temp with Ryzen Master (70°C in game) my case seemed hotter than usual when my CPU was at that same temperature (70°C).
I also had some stuttering in game thing that I didn't have before. It could just be random, or a coincidence.

I was wondering. Hotter case, stuttering, it means my cpu is dying but Ryzen Master displays the wrong temperature, CPU must be at 80+°C !

Could this be possible? Is my CPU dying ?

It is a AMD Ryzen 5 2600x clocked at 3.6Ghz (will let the boost on when i will get a better cooler)

Solution
That is rated for 600w at 30°C, so I'm not sure how the 40°C heat would affect that. However, you should still use MSI Afterburner to monitor the temps of your other hardware
I'd suggest you use the MSI Afterburner overlay to monitor temps in-game. Watch the GPU temp too, as it could be this causing stuttering. Also, what PSU do you have? If it is a cheap one, it might not like the heat, and could be causing these issues too.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
at those temps outside, you need some good cooling. if nothing else, pop the side of the case open and point a desk fan right into it. better than letting it sit there and fry itself to death.

running the system with those cpu/gpu temps is asking for it to have a ton of issues.

Jul 23, 2019
at those temps outside, you need some good cooling. if nothing else, pop the side of the case open and point a desk fan right into it. better than letting it sit there and fry itself to death.

running the system with those cpu/gpu temps is asking for it to have a ton of issues.
Ppl say 70°C is good for the amd ryzen 5 2600x

Jul 23, 2019
I'd suggest you use the MSI Afterburner overlay to monitor temps in-game. Watch the GPU temp too, as it could be this causing stuttering. Also, what PSU do you have? If it is a cheap one, it might not like the heat, and could be causing these issues too.
I hzve an evga 600br, 600w