[SOLVED] Hot Swap Drive Not Detected in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

iec0

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
I recently built a new computer. The case is the Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL. It has hot swap drives and when I put my hard drive inside, windows doesn't detect them. My motherboard is the Asus Dark hero and I have enabled hot swap on all SATA ports in the BIOS. The hard drives work because they run on my old computer. Can anyone help with this issue?

Solution
I recently built a new computer. The case is the Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL. It has hot swap drives and when I put my hard drive inside, windows doesn't detect them. My motherboard is the Asus Dark hero and I have enabled hot swap on all SATA ports in the BIOS. The hard drives work because they run on my old computer. Can anyone help with this issue?
Windows in not very good at recognizing the added drive, so I use a little free program !HotSwap. Install that and see if it works for you, it will be in the system tray and a right click will allow you to scan for changes without a restart.

RealBeast

Titan
Windows in not very good at recognizing the added drive, so I use a little free program !HotSwap. Install that and see if it works for you, it will be in the system tray and a right click will allow you to scan for changes without a restart.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS