[SOLVED] hotel wall port doesnt even give connection and wifi is slow af. How do i use this port?

Oct 19, 2019
hey guys I just started working as a night auditor in a hotel and wifi signal in my room is non existence. However they have a internet wall port. first i tried hooking directly to my laptop and says no connection. I even looked into ethernet setting and it says unplugged. I even tried using router and still the same thing. At this point iam really frustrate.( My manager knows nothing about computers and network.I have access to everything of this hotel even into the server too). Am i missing certain piece of hardware or because of faulty port or there is just not any connection at all? need big help

Solution
Iam not sure. My manager is ZERO in this stuff. Like i have access to everything and even have server administrative privileges. Just want internet in my room lol
So far, all you have is a RJ-45 shaped hole in the wall.

You need to determine what it might connect to. Since the manager is clueless, you need to find out who actually does manage the hotel internet, and ask them.
Someone is/was paid to set up the connection. Ask them.

USAFRet

Titan
hey guys I just started working as a night auditor in a hotel and wifi signal in my room is non existence. However they have a internet wall port. first i tried hooking directly to my laptop and says no connection. I even looked into ethernet setting and it says unplugged. I even tried using router and still the same thing. At this point iam really frustrate.( My manager knows nothing about computers and network.I have access to everything of this hotel even into the server too). Am i missing certain piece of hardware or because of faulty port or there is just not any connection at all? need big help

Is that port actually connected to something?
How did you determine this?

USAFRet

Titan
Iam not sure. My manager is ZERO in this stuff. Like i have access to everything and even have server administrative privileges. Just want internet in my room lol
So far, all you have is a RJ-45 shaped hole in the wall.

You need to determine what it might connect to. Since the manager is clueless, you need to find out who actually does manage the hotel internet, and ask them.
Someone is/was paid to set up the connection. Ask them.

Solution