Question Hotkey crashes internet ?

Nov 20, 2020
This mostly happens when I have Medal.TV open. I hit the hotkey to record a clip, which is F10 but it doesn't matter what key I bind it to it will cause the same problem which is it crashes the internet and its not just for me, it will be for everyone and then after a min or so the internet will come up and work. Now I have tried to see if it was just because of the application and it seems that it is. It didn't used to do this, before it worked fine and didn't crash my internet.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Nov 20, 2020
Where did you get Medal.TV from? Download source?

Did it ever work or has it just started crashing the internet?

Where are the clips being saved?

Have you tried uninstalling it. Then download again, reinstall, and reconfigure?
I got it from the website https://medal.tv/

It used to work perfectly fine, it never crashed my internet, I dont know if an update or something caused this

Yes I have uninstalling and reinstalling, I even checked the settings on the application and the checked the logs

Ralston18

Titan
On your computer open Reliability History.

Look for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events related to Medal.TV and/or your network

Especially at times you know you attempted to record a clip.

The next step is to use either Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both but only one at a time.

Get all set up to record a clip. Open which ever tool you are using (Task Manager or Resource Monitor) and drag the Window to one side.

Just watch your system for a few minutes without doing anything. Watch Medal.TV in particular. Once performance is stable then press the Hotkey to record a clip.

Very likely you will spot some system change related to network resources. However, stay open minded and watch everything.

Nov 20, 2020
On your computer open Reliability History.

Look for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events related to Medal.TV and/or your network

Especially at times you know you attempted to record a clip.

The next step is to use either Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both but only one at a time.

Get all set up to record a clip. Open which ever tool you are using (Task Manager or Resource Monitor) and drag the Window to one side.

Just watch your system for a few minutes without doing anything. Watch Medal.TV in particular. Once performance is stable then press the Hotkey to record a clip.

Very likely you will spot some system change related to network resources. However, stay open minded and watch everything.
I think I fixed it, I switched the clip option from gpu to cpu, I just don't understand why that would cause an internet problem

TRENDING THREADS