Hotmail problem--error on page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
Hello,
For the past few days I have been unable to open my Hotmail e-mail messages in IE. The web page opens to the first page of messages, but no actions can be taken--no messages can be opened or deleted; any option clicked on produces any action. At the bottom of the page is a message "Error on page" and then later "javascript." I also receive these messages on a few websites where I am accustomed to shopping; in those cases, I am able to navigate the sites, but am unable to select and make purchases. How can I correct this?

Miss

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010

I had already checked for Java and updates before I posted my issue. The issues with websites other than Hotmail have apparently straightened out on their own, and parts of the Hotmail site--those not directly connected to the mail itself (Help, Support, etc.) can now be accessed. I have downloaded the Firefox browser and can access all with it, so that is what I am currently using, although I do prefer IE.

Miss

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010

I have not tried this yet. A while back I updated to IE8 which caused me MANY problems, so I had to uninstall it and go back to IE7. Would I be reinstalling the IE7 version? At this point the issues with websites other than Hotmail have apparently straightened out on their own and parts of the Hotmail site--those not directly associated with the mail (Help, Support, etc.) can be accessed, but still no mail can be opened, deleted, etc. through IE. I have, through someone else's suggestion, downloaded the Firefox browser and am having no problems accessing my Hotmail messages through it, although I still prefer the IE browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.