[SOLVED] House is not grounded, what psu protection do i need ?

maxwellsc

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
This is an old house and there's not even a wiring for ground in the outlets , my case gives me continuous electricity and im looking for an easier way to ground one outlet rather than rewire entire house.

Also i have yard so lots if dirt there.

Is there any psu that can handle this situation?

Is there a way to ground the case or outlet?

Solution
If you really want the simplest fix to your grounding issue, call in an electrician, ask him to run a grounding wire from your socket(if it has a "third" grounding prong input) and run said wire to the outdoors to a metal pole that's got at least 6 feet of depth in the soil. That pole should be affixed to a copper plate that's buried horizontally 6 feet under.

That will be the best course of action to protect your computer and it's investments.

Lutfij

Titan
If you really want the simplest fix to your grounding issue, call in an electrician, ask him to run a grounding wire from your socket(if it has a "third" grounding prong input) and run said wire to the outdoors to a metal pole that's got at least 6 feet of depth in the soil. That pole should be affixed to a copper plate that's buried horizontally 6 feet under.

That will be the best course of action to protect your computer and it's investments.

Solution

maxwellsc

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016

Yes thank you for the awesome idea, but the outlets don't have any 3rd cables... Only 2.

Can i add a 3rd cable only for this outlet and then do what you said?
I could drill behind the outlet to outside

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Before taking this on you might consider taking a look at both wall construction as well as how the wire is ran. In the case of plaster walls, second floors, and many other factors, you might not be able to get into the outlet to make changes, or run your wire anywhere if you can.