How about waiting until October for a new gaming system?

Buy this summer or wait until October?

  • This summer

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • October

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Even later than October

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Doesn\'t Matter

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    5

StickyToffeePudding

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
2
0
18,510
I am thinking about building a new gaming rig, but a friend suggested that I wait until October, for the following reasons:

#1: Windows 7 will be out, which I will probably end up using anyway, so I would save upgrading from xp or vista

#2: There might be new hardware, and current hardware could be cheaper

#3: There might be some early holiday deals late October and into November

He makes an interesting point, even though #2 is true of any point in the future. There will always be new hardware, and current hardware will always eventually get cheaper, its just a matter of when.

So, what do you think, buy now/soon, or wait until October?


Sincerely,

StickyToffeePudding
 
It all depends on what your budget is, if your budget is going to increase if you hold off until october then yes its worth waiting because the new graphics cards will be out by then and with more buck you will get more bang. If your budget isnt going to change then look into figuring out what parts you want to use and wait for some nice combo deals or sales and get them now.
 

jbakerlent

Distinguished
I recommend that you ignore your friend and build your computer now - you'll always be tempted to wait for newer parts to come out. Just build a system that is upgradeable so that you will be able to put some of those new components in it when they come out. Just my two cents.
 

radiowars

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
422
0
18,790
It honestly doesn't matter. I waited 6 months to build mine (I'm glad I did, because the GTX 275 just came out which fit perfectly into my budget), but that was a rare case. I recommend going for it now, just make sure you're smart with what you buy, and you'll have litle to no buyer's remorse!
 

Helloworld_98

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
3,371
0
20,790
I'd toss a coin on getting either an i7 1366 build with a 4890 now or an i7 1156 build with a 5870 in October.

the prices would be about equal and the i5 will perform slightly better in CPU intensive apps and quite a bit better in GPU intensive apps. But you'll still have to wait until early to late September.
 

TRENDING THREADS