[SOLVED] How am I able to get 4k/60 FPS with the current build I have?

Nov 24, 2019
Hey guys I'm relatively new to PC hardware and my big brother bought me this gaming rig. I would like to know what can I do to bump it up to a stable 4K/60 FPS. Do I need to switch out any parts. I don't have a budget as of now so If a new graphics card or any tweaks is what is needed than I'm willing to do it. I just need help knowing what I can do right now possibly so that I can play at a stable 4K/60 FPS on Triple A games and graphics intensive games. Here are the PC Specs. Please if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU

Intel Core i7 3770S @ 3.10GHz

Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28
Motherboard

ASUS P8B75-M/CSM LGA 1155 B75 HDMI SATA 6B/s USB 3.0 MicroATX Motherboard
Graphics

BenQ EL2870U (3840x2160@60Hz)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming, 8GB GDDR6, Dual HDB Fans& RGB LED-VR Ready Gaming
Storage

1TB 64MB Cache 7200 RPM SATA III 6GB/s 3.5"Internal Hard Drive
Inland Professional 240GB 3D TLC NAND SATA III 6GB/s 2.5"Internal SSD (240GB)
Optical Drives

No optical disk drives detected
Audio

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Solution
Well you're running a 3770s at stock. That is the weakest component of your system by far. Older cpus result in unstable frame times due to limited cache and missed branch prediction.

If you have a z77 chipset you can upgrade and over clock to a 3770k. It will help but there will be more stutter than modern cpu designs.

A 2080 will run close to a stable 4k/60 with some settings turned down. But do not crank the texture res as you are limited to 8 gigs memory.

As always it will vary game to game. Some games are just poorly written.
Nov 24, 2019
At 1080p in BFV with maxed out settings it was fluctuating from 60-75 but more in the average 60 range. It also has odd stuttering when I move but not enough to compromise gameplay. It just flickers sometimes. I'll be updating on the usage shortly. Appreciate the interest

Well you're running a 3770s at stock. That is the weakest component of your system by far. Older cpus result in unstable frame times due to limited cache and missed branch prediction.

If you have a z77 chipset you can upgrade and over clock to a 3770k. It will help but there will be more stutter than modern cpu designs.

A 2080 will run close to a stable 4k/60 with some settings turned down. But do not crank the texture res as you are limited to 8 gigs memory.

As always it will vary game to game. Some games are just poorly written.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Solution
Nov 24, 2019
Would you recommend upgrading my CPU and if you do which one is best. I'm also able to upgrade my RAM if needed. When I'm playing BFV for example even on 1080P with Maxed out settings it stutters and drops momentarily from 60 FPS to 30 and under.

I was suspecting your CPU but the monitoring I suggested would help prove that. However dropping to 1080p and still getting 60fps with dips also points towards CPU.

Any cpu upgrade is going to require a new motherboard and RAM.

Well if you are going to replace the CPU, you'll need new memory and motherboard. So your budget will determine what CPU you should get. The bare minimum would be a 3700x system which will be $470 give or take.

What CPU would you recommend I purchase? Budget isnt the issue I just want a good stable 4k 60fps
For gaming intel 9700k or 9900k is still tops if you over clock it to 5GHz. Most games will not use more than the 8 cores the 9700k offers. However some games like civilization vi will use every thread you have available.

With these resolutions your gpu becomes more the bottleneck. You could pair it with a ryzen 3800x or 3900x and only a few percentage point difference for most games because your gpu is holding you back.