Question How an I fix my pc (turned off and won't turn back on)?

Jul 16, 2019
I was playing a video game that was not to intensive on my pc like usual as I have had the pc for 7 months and then the screen went black with a small tick. The monitor light was still on and then turned off, there is no problem with the monitor. I then tried turning on the pc and nothing happened. I then went to online forums and found I should test the psu which I did using the paperclip method and the psu was fine. At this point I don't know what to do and have waited over an hour after the pc originally turned off to try and start it up again. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LVgg8Y Is my pc and my memory is ballistix, I can look it up if you ask me to, 2 sticks of 4gb ram.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
If you see 0 life out of your PC then PSU blew up. Also, just because you can turn the PSU on with paperclip test doesn't mean PSU is normally operating. Only thing paperclip test does, is to turn PSU on but it doesn't put any load on the PSU itself. Without PSU being able to output about 75W for system startup, PC won't turn on.

So, next step would be trying to power on your PC with 2nd PSU. And this time, don't cheap out on PSU and don't pick up another, at best, mediocre quality PSU, which your Corsair CX series PSU is. For good/great quality PSU, look towards any Seasonic unit in 500W range, e.g: Focus 550, Focus+ 550, PRIME Ultra 550 Gold or PRIME Ultra 550 Platinum,
pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/bkp323,9nmxFT,KmgzK8,XndxFT/

Warranty wise:
Focus: 7 years
Focus+: 10 years
PRIME: 12 years (includes all PRIME models: regular, Fanless, AirTouch, SnowSilent, Ultra)

All my 3 PCs: Skylake, Haswell and AMD are also powered by Seasonic. Full specs with pics in my sig.

However, if you can get some life into your PC with 2nd PSU (e.g case fans turning) but you got no display then there are very good chances that your Corsair PSU also fried something else when it went sky high. MoBo is usually 1st to go when PSU blows. And same goes with GPU. CPU and RAM are known to survive PSU blowing up but not all the time. And for storage drives (SSD/HDD), well, sudden power loss can cause data corruption.

Life lesson: don't cheap out on PSU.