[SOLVED] How and where can I download Vulkan for my AMD discreet graphics (AMD Vega 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenNugget_14

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
I've looked up on the AMD site for these Vulkan drivers, but I understood they we're for developers, and I was unsure if they we're installers aswell, any and all help is apreciated.

Solution
There are no separate downloads for the VUKAN API, since it's a driver Extension....It's included in the GPU drivers, and you need to update them. Is that a discrete or an onboard graphics ? If onboard, then you also need to install the Chipset drivers and firmware for your AMD system.

Are you having a PC or a Laptop ? Developer package and tool is some other thing though.
There are no separate downloads for the VUKAN API, since it's a driver Extension....It's included in the GPU drivers, and you need to update them. Is that a discrete or an onboard graphics ? If onboard, then you also need to install the Chipset drivers and firmware for your AMD system.

Are you having a PC or a Laptop ? Developer package and tool is some other thing though.

Solution

ChickenNugget_14

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
Provide the FULL Specs and model of your Laptop. Which GPU is it ? Also, which game did you actually try to play ?

Model Number: 15-db0069wm

It has a Ryzen 5 2500U, one stick (8GB) of DDR4-2400 RAM, Integrated Radeon Vega 8 Graphics and 1TB SATA SSD

I am trying to run Doom 4 (2016) with the Vulkan API (for those extra frames)

Also, I'm on a laptop

Try this. First, re-install the full game once again. You have to set the API back to Vulkan via the .cfg file. The file should be located in [USERNAME/Saved Games/id Software/DOOM/base/] and it's a file named "DOOMConfig.local",

There is a line (r_renderAPI) - change the number "0" to "1" to reset the rendering API back to Vulkan. Save your changes. For OpenGL i think you need the 0 value.

IF the above method doesn't work, then try this: Right click Doom, go to "Set Launch Options" type in "+r_renderAPI -1" without quotes. It hopefully should work.

MGux3DL.png

ChickenNugget_14

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
Try this. First, re-install the full game once again. You have to set the API back to Vulkan via the .cfg file. The file should be located in [USERNAME/Saved Games/id Software/DOOM/base/] and it's a file named "DOOMConfig.local",

There is a line (r_renderAPI) - change the number "0" to "1" to reset the rendering API back to Vulkan. Save your changes. For OpenGL i think you need the 0 value.

IF the above method doesn't work, then try this: Right click Doom, go to "Set Launch Options" type in "+r_renderAPI -1" without quotes. It hopefully should work.

MGux3DL.png
Yeah, did that, and it crashed, just like the other times where I changed it ingame

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS