Question How and Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfr0stx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
First Case:I have an all in one desktop with i7 latest gen and it does not have a gpu , Can I add a gpu inside this thing or anyother way?
Second Case:I have a laptop with 970 gtx graphiv card but since december the performance is so bad that I can run games smooth in an 5 year old pc whi h has no gpu any idea how to increase performance it struggles to even get 60 frames , its an MSI laptop with i7 gtx 970m 8th gen 16gb ram

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
1. For an AIO with no discreet GPU, it's unlikely that you can add one. Limited space for components, limited airflow/cooling ability & limited power connectors. Even when an AIO has a discreet GPU, it's not typically upgradeable. AIOs are essentially non-portable laptops.

While AIO do you have, specifically though?

2. A laptop with a 970m should still be plenty viable for 1080p gaming. Are you monitoring temperatures? Are you monitoring utilization? Does the problem exist while plugged in/charging AND while on battery, or only one or the other?

First Case:I have an all in one desktop with i7 latest gen and it does not have a gpu , Can I add a gpu inside this thing or anyother way?
It will help to know the model of your all-in-on PC
Many All-in-one PCs use laptop parts and upgrading CPU or GPU might not be an option
Some laptops and desktop might support external GPU.

Second Case:I have a laptop with 970 gtx graphiv card but since couple of days the performance is so bad that I can run games smooth in an 5 year old pc whi h has no gpu any idea how to increase performance it struggles to even get 60 frames , its an MSI laptop with i7 gtx 970m 8th gen 16gb ram
Any changes in a couple of days that could have changed your system?
If in doubt, then try a clean Windows installation.

xfr0stx

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
1. It is a DELL OptiPlex 9030 AIO series
2.I will check and tell u the temps by tomorrow. Problem occurs when plugged in and as well as not plugged in.It is just wierd, It was working fine until december one day I like usual started playing and too much drops like playing on a non graphic card PC idk why

1. It is a DELL OptiPlex 9030 AIO series
The only thing that could improve performance on the Dell AIO is upgrading the SATA HDD to SSD.
It also has a M.2 slot, which support M.2 NVMe SSD (2242) allowing you to keep the old disk.

2.I will check and tell u the temps by tomorrow. Problem occurs when plugged in and as well as not plugged in.It is just wierd, It was working fine until december one day I like usual started playing and too much drops like playing on a non graphic card PC idk why
Use CPUz to check the speed of the CPU.
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
Also check the disk with Crystal Disk info (standard zip version)
https://osdn.net/projects/crystaldiskinfo/releases/

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QWNgDnL9hhsaLDQm8
That is the backside picture of the AIO.So is there no way I can increase the performance? ...
Like I previously stated the only components you could upgrade is the HDD to SSD to make programs load faster... and that will not help with graphic performance is games.

...What if I build a PC and then use aio as monitor? Will it work
Yes, you could use the AIO screen as a display using a HDMI connection.
Of course, it will be wasting electricity, since the whole AIO must be powered on.

Status
Not open for further replies.