How is this psu? My current Corsair Cx 2017 is giving some issue and I want to change it, so I was wondering how good they will be.

My system specs is in signature

Solution
Well since my system takes out 80% of my psu's power
Ryzen 5 3500 and GTX1660 Super wouldn't draw nearly as much as 80% of 450W, whatever wattage calculator you were looking at is wrong.
The only downside of this PSU aside of apparent low wattage which is still enough for some relatively high-end gaming setups by itself is the lack of second 8-pin PCI-e power connector which limits upgrade options. That said you should still RMA this PSU and then maybe just get a 550W one instead or get a refund.

javi.sau.96

Prominent
Dec 30, 2018
Not bat at all. How many options do you have?

Not bat at all. How many options do you have?

At this moment only these two. Corsair seems to have some issues with my UPS so omitting that.

Are you sure that the culprit is the PSU, not UPS ?
Yes, so far. As I have changed UPS thrice. The psu doesn't respond well to the ups switching times of 10-12ms. Psu switching time at 99% or ~450w is 11ms so at lower loads of 300w it should be higher.
The bulk capacitor may have gone weak.
In the first UPS unit it worked fine for 10-11 months before starting to show issues. It first gave issue with the usb ports where they would reset for a split second. Then it started to just stop working with UPS altogether (in 1x Microtek and in 2x APC).
Now in Microtek(good local brand) it refuses to stay on when the UPS switches to battery power and in APC it refuses to stay on when the UPS goes back to mains power from battery power. I also have the monitor connect to the UPS outputs and the monitored doesn't turn off which means that the UPS is still on and the PSU turned off/tripped.

Last edited:

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Well, did you discuss this problem with Corsair's support ? Why buy another PSU if this one is defective and can be replaced ?

@javi.sau.96 we have the very same tier list here btw, mods here don't like when you link external forums so next time please link this thread :

Reactions: rounakr94
Well, did you discuss this problem with Corsair's support ? Why buy another PSU if this one is defective and can be replaced ?

@javi.sau.96 we have the very same tier list here btw, mods here don't like when you link external forums so next time please link this thread :
Nope. Didn't discuss with corsair. But a well knowed person from another brand helped me identify it as a bad psu.
Well since my system takes out 80% of my psu's power thought of rmaing and selling this unit and getting something better cane to my mind.

Last edited:

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Well since my system takes out 80% of my psu's power
Ryzen 5 3500 and GTX1660 Super wouldn't draw nearly as much as 80% of 450W, whatever wattage calculator you were looking at is wrong.
The only downside of this PSU aside of apparent low wattage which is still enough for some relatively high-end gaming setups by itself is the lack of second 8-pin PCI-e power connector which limits upgrade options. That said you should still RMA this PSU and then maybe just get a 550W one instead or get a refund.

Solution

javi.sau.96

Prominent
Dec 30, 2018

great, thanks!