How are your Mame folders organized?

I ask this because my folders are pretty ugly:

My folders start at \emu\arcmame
Why? Because I also have my snes, nes, genesis, sms, Odyssey2,
Gamegear, Atari dirs in the \emu directory just to keep things
emulation-related in the same place.

Under \emu\arcmame, I have these dirs:
roms
Dats
Emulators
Frontends
BIOS
Utilities
Mame 0.84 Samples
New Roms (Ignore in ClrMame)
EmuLoader
AdvanceMAME
MAME_FAQ
easymame261
ultramame+mame084
Mame Source Code

I have it this way to easily try out a new frontend or version of
mame, I know its either \emu\arcmame\roms for my ~1000 roms,
or \emu\arcmame\newrom~1 for my new roms.
I could put my roms under the mame folder, but I don't want to
accidentally delete them by deleting an old version of Mame.

remove monkey to email

I have C:\MAME\ and have the standard folders:

artwork
cfg
ctrlr
docs
roms
samples

All the subdirs are just the same as they were after install except the roms
directory. Here's what's in it, besides the standard dir.txt:
jrpacman.zip
mappy.zip
mspacman.zip
pacland.zip
superpac.zip
xevious.zip

How do you like it? I use the 0.95 Windows Command Line version of MAME,
BTW, and it works great.

"m1t0s1s" <noone@nowhere.int> wrote in message
> I ask this because my folders are pretty ugly:
>
> My folders start at \emu\arcmame
> Why? Because I also have my snes, nes, genesis, sms, Odyssey2,
> Gamegear, Atari dirs in the \emu directory just to keep things
> emulation-related in the same place.
>
> Under \emu\arcmame, I have these dirs:
> roms
> Dats
> Emulators
> Frontends
> BIOS
> Utilities
> Mame 0.84 Samples
> New Roms (Ignore in ClrMame)
> EmuLoader
> AdvanceMAME
> MAME_FAQ
> easymame261
> ultramame+mame084
> Mame Source Code
>
> I have it this way to easily try out a new frontend or version of
> mame, I know its either \emu\arcmame\roms for my ~1000 roms,
> or \emu\arcmame\newrom~1 for my new roms.
> I could put my roms under the mame folder, but I don't want to
> accidentally delete them by deleting an old version of Mame.

> remove monkey to email

TRENDING THREADS