[SOLVED] How bad is it man handle your power supply cables?

CoffeeStoreGuy

Honorable
May 7, 2017
I've got a pretty small computer case, and while I'm not really worried about the airflow I'm more concerned on how I'm suppose to get my ssd, and hard drive in there without breaking anything. I literally have my cables floating around bunched in one giant ball with a zip tie. I was how rough can you be with cables? I plan on trying to cable manage, but the cables have a net around them, and it's kind of hard to maneuver them.

Pc setup: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CDX27T

Psu: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4FH48d/evga-600w-80-certified-atx-power-supply-100-w1-0600-k1

I do agree just bending cables won't normally cause any harm. There is one exception I know about from experience, and that is a hard bend right next to a modular supply's socket. I have a high wattage supply, so cables are heavy. When bending the cable right next to one of those modular connectors to route through the duct in the chassis where it goes behind the motherboard, the stress on that socket kept making it fail. I eventually moved to a different modular connector (or I could have done some sort of fancy bend to keep stress off of the actual modular connector). Be careful of putting stress/strain on connectors.

CoffeeStoreGuy

Honorable
May 7, 2017
I do agree just bending cables won't normally cause any harm. There is one exception I know about from experience, and that is a hard bend right next to a modular supply's socket. I have a high wattage supply, so cables are heavy. When bending the cable right next to one of those modular connectors to route through the duct in the chassis where it goes behind the motherboard, the stress on that socket kept making it fail. I eventually moved to a different modular connector (or I could have done some sort of fancy bend to keep stress off of the actual modular connector). Be careful of putting stress/strain on connectors.
Scary. My power supply isn't even modular. I'm probably just going to end up finding a new one.