[SOLVED] How Big an SSD Do I Need for PC Gaming and Video Editing?

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I plan to order some parts for a new gaming PC either this Black Friday or Cyber Monday. The primary use will be for gaming and the secondary use will be for editing 4K drone video footage. Now, I am not a 24/7 PC gamer, but I do game often and the video editing will be basic video editing and not Hollywood level stuff. I understand that games load faster on SSDs. For video editing, my understanding is that it is better to edit the video file on an SSD than an HDD (you can correct me if I am mistaken). My PC will have two 2 TB HDDs with one dedicate to game storage and the other for video storage. At minimum, I plan to buy a 1 TB SSD. Will 1 TB be big enough or should I consider a bigger SSD such as a 2 TB?

Thanks.

Solution
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to add this into the question. I plan to install 32 GB of RAM using 2 x 16 GB sticks. Will 32 GB be enough for basic editing of 4K video or should I increase the RAM to 64 GB or 128 GB? Thanks.
Unless this is a paid professional gig, where you're doing this all day with LARGE video....32GB is fine.

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to add this into the question. I plan to install 32 GB of RAM using 2 x 16 GB sticks. Will 32 GB be enough for basic editing of 4K video or should I increase the RAM to 64 GB or 128 GB? Thanks.