How big will the bottleneck be with a a8 7600 and a rx 580 4gb

Jan 6, 2019
I found a really good deal for a rx 580 4gb card but there will be a bottleneck with my cpu. Ive got a a8 7600 and a r7 250 gpu. Iam gona upgrade my cpu to a ryzen 5 2600x but will i get a big performance boost if i upgrade my gpu to a rx 580 first. I play a lot of esport titles like Overwatch, CSGO, Fortnite, Rainbow six siege and also some more demanding games like gta5, battlefield 1 and cod bo3. Will i be able to run all of these game on 1080p high settings with 60fps?

Solution
Just based on the CPU vs GPU alone, there will be about a 30% bottleneck. But since you are planning a system upgrade in the near future, go for it. There will be a definite improvement over the R7 250, but the weak APU will be the handicap.
I can't say how many fps you get in those games. There are too many variables. In game settings, no. of other players (multiplayer), RAM, PSU, etc.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Just based on the CPU vs GPU alone, there will be about a 30% bottleneck. But since you are planning a system upgrade in the near future, go for it. There will be a definite improvement over the R7 250, but the weak APU will be the handicap.
I can't say how many fps you get in those games. There are too many variables. In game settings, no. of other players (multiplayer), RAM, PSU, etc.

Solution
Even though you have an APU I'd still do it. That's because you should see worthwhile improvement over what that 250 is giving you now. You won't get the full use of the 580 until you get your Ryzen, but at least you can enjoy better game performance until then. In games where the CPU is used a lot be prepared to be less impressed with the new card than in games like CSGO.

"All games at 1080p high settings 60fps" no I don't think so. Some games use a lot of CPU, some settings are more demanding on the CPU than videocard. In games like those your APU might not be able to hit 60fps average, or you might need to lower the settings to do it.

TRENDING THREADS