How can change from a factory installed Windows 8 to Windows 7?

Nick_112

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 Series laptop, which came with factory installed Windows 8 (tiles), which I hate. I would like to uninstall the pre-installed Windows 8, and install the Windows 7, which I have in all other computers and work fine for all my applications.
Can I do it? How?
Please let me know.
Thank you
Nick

Solution
"At this point i totaly disagree with @RealBeast.
You buy a new window from anywhere even Microsoft but can't installed in your pc if you have a factory installed windows. "

That is total rubbish.

Please don't post completely incorrect statements.

I have installed different versions or clean versions on hundreds of OEM computers. You just need to know what you are doing and insure that the correct drivers are available, as I advised the OP.

Your experiences with Windows 10 indicate that you have some things to learn still. It is trivial to install a new OS by simply booting from the new installer, selecting custom install. and then deleting all existing partitions before starting the new install to the remaining unpartitioned...

RealBeast

Titan
Go to Dell Support for Inspiron laptops HERE and select your exact model number. Then under the drivers and downloads check to see if it lists drivers for Windows 7 for all the devices.

If so, you will need to buy a copy of Windows 7 from somewhere like Newegg, Amazon or EBay.

Assuming you do all of that you can boot from the install DVD and do a custom install, first step delete all partitions, then select the remaining single unpartitioned space for the installation.

naqeeb123

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Hello Nick_112,

last day i have faced the same issue with my Lenovo i5, i want to remove factory installed window 10. I would like to share what i have faced with me. when i have try to installed a new window but it say to me that i can't installed on this drive because it is a GPT format style of your hard drive.

Unluckily at this point i have deleted my C: drive (windows drive).

After googling a lot i found i will be lost all data by converting my hard drive format GPT to MRT ro any other.

Note: Be careful while converting GPT to MRT or any other format.

At this point i totaly disagree with @RealBeast.
You buy a new window from anywhere even Microsoft but can't installed in your pc if you have a factory installed windows.

First, You should convert you hard drive from GPT to MRT to any other that compatible to installed a new windows.

In this way http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ can help you to delete and create new partitions.

if you are an expert follow the steps for CMD prompt.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725797%28v=ws.11%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

If you have not formated your windows drive and have working windows OS then use EaseUS Partition Master
http://standaloneinstaller.com/download-easeus-partition-master-professional

to deleted all partition and convert GPT to MRT and then make new partition.

Finally you have well setup you pc for new installation windows.

Now i have successfully installed windows new OS instead of factory installed.

Hope that help you.

RealBeast

Titan
"At this point i totaly disagree with @RealBeast.
You buy a new window from anywhere even Microsoft but can't installed in your pc if you have a factory installed windows. "

That is total rubbish.

Please don't post completely incorrect statements.

I have installed different versions or clean versions on hundreds of OEM computers. You just need to know what you are doing and insure that the correct drivers are available, as I advised the OP.

Your experiences with Windows 10 indicate that you have some things to learn still. It is trivial to install a new OS by simply booting from the new installer, selecting custom install. and then deleting all existing partitions before starting the new install to the remaining unpartitioned space.

Another alternative is to use a Live Linux, such as Mint, to clean your drive of partitions.

Solution

naqeeb123

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
@RealBeast! My dear big bro you might be an windows expert but i'm not i accepted I just have share my experience that i have recently faced.

"Your experiences with Windows 10 indicate that you have some things to learn still"

Yes of course i always love to learn from all of you guys.

RealBeast

Titan
We encourage you to be here to learn, but please do not confuse posters looking for answers based on your single experience where you could not do something that actually can be done.

Read and learn before making statements about what can or cannot be done. Thanks.