[SOLVED] How can i access ipv4 of device in another GHZ but same router?

Pachi_Mc

Commendable
Feb 25, 2020
Hi, I have a router that has 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz (wifi broadcasts), if I have a device (for example wifi printer, wireless camera, etc) connected to 2.4 and I am on 5.8 (or backward) I can't access it from the ipv4 of the device, and I have to change to the same network of the device for use it, is there any option in the router or something to do for allow me using ipv4 in differents ghz

Solution
It should all work. Internal to the router the wifi chips are in effect connected to the lan switch chip. Everything on the lan side should be able to talk.

You could check for a feature called wireless isolation but I would have though that would block any wifi to wifi communication.

I would try a simple ping command just in case it is something more complex in the end device that is blocking the communication.
It should all work. Internal to the router the wifi chips are in effect connected to the lan switch chip. Everything on the lan side should be able to talk.

You could check for a feature called wireless isolation but I would have though that would block any wifi to wifi communication.

I would try a simple ping command just in case it is something more complex in the end device that is blocking the communication.

Solution

Pachi_Mc

Commendable
Feb 25, 2020

I can't find that option, router is rt ac3200 Asus, device ipv4 not working with me in 5ghz and the device in 2.4ghz and ping command says inaccessible host, if I change to 2.4ghz(same that device) all work