Status
Not open for further replies.

ImWolf

Honorable
Mar 18, 2019
Windows XP SP3
MsOffice XP (and 2010)
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7

As a coin collector I would like an automated way to look up prices of various coins for their market value. The spot price is meaningless.

Along the way I discovered that MsExcel allows you to place a "Web Query" into a cell, and set the spreadsheet for auto updating. This way every time the spreadsheet is opened it searches the specified webpage for the updated price and refreshes the spreadsheet information.

Both versions of MsExcel that I had installed use a mini browser based on IE however, and neither will connect to a HTTPS web page. (even IE8 which I still have installed has not connected to anything for a long time now).

I also tried using Apache OpenOffice 4 and the Calc program also will not D/L any information from webpages I have attempted to draw information from.

There are no specific error messages, just very generic popups that say things like "the webpage cannot be displayed", or "this program cannot receive the internet data".

I can open the web pages I'm interested in getting information from using FireFox, Basilisk, or Chrome, but not with any of the spreadsheet mini browsers.

If any of you are familiar with this problem and have found a way of fixing the above programs to function as intended, or have discovered a completely different approach instead of using a spreadsheet program, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance.....
Wolf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.