Question How can I automate a router reboot?

Morad Tamer

Reputable
Apr 21, 2016
So my AP just failed and temporarily I had to use two old router/modem combo devices in workaround configuration that redirects DHCP to my OpnSense Box
Now to make things even more frustrating (maybe it's bad configuration on my part), the constantly need a reboot every 24 hours or so

They are the DSL-2740U and Huawei HG532n and neither has any form of CLI or SSH
So is there any way I can do this without setting up a whole auto-clicker?
AHK scripts, Macros, URL manipulation??

I have been googling around for the past 3 hours or so but couldn't understand what others have suggested/done
My imaginary perfect scenario is that I can make a bookmark or something that when I put in the browser address bar it would automatically execute the restart sequence, however I am starting to think that's not even possible

Thanks a lot in advance and please excuse my ignorance

Morad Tamer

Reputable
Apr 21, 2016
I'd fix the actual problem, instead of building in a workaround.

Return the router back to factory settings. If it still need a routine reboot, replace it.

I just redid their configurations and the hung the same way right after
They are faulty but it's all I got for now
and creating a reboot script is probably still easier than convincing my sister to use a 25 meter ethernet cable for her laptop (not to mention convincing her to use her laptop wireless adapter as hotspot for her phone)
My current quarantine status doesn't allow me to go and but a new AP for the time being