how can I block people on my network from reading user folders ?

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
I have googled and ran thru the os's and cant get any of the options to stop pc's from seing eachothers user folder's.

I have net work set up as privit with user/pass to acses each other. The shear drive's/directerys are read only.

Right now I'm just testing with win10 and win7 pc's. I plan on addin a odroid xu4 ubuntu-mate/kodi box

Solution
have you tried these two?
rfaZAA2.png

Also right clicking on folders, selecting sharing tab and simply stopping the share usually works.
By default, all windows versions since... xp (well, NT and windows 2000 too) have had ALL drives shared by default as that letter+dollar share.
it's not visible if you look but \\computername\c$ will give you access to C drive.
provided you have the permissions to

It's an administation thing.. not really necessary if you don't need it but.. it's on by default. Feel free to disable said c$ d$admin$and such. Don't disable that printer though if you have shared printer connected to that computer.

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017

I stoped shearing all but 1 hdd. IPC$ will not let me stop it. After rebot all come back. Is this all normal ?

If u get the time can u read my post http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3741231/net-divice-clam-unid-pub-net.html

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
My password are insainly big and I have not sheard with my roomates after cahinging them. I have played around with tuns of pasword craking programs. So I know what to look for ..to say the least.