[SOLVED] how can i boost my frames?

Dec 2, 2018
anyone know how to boost my frames in games up?

Specs

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD A10-9700 58 °C
Bristol Ridge 28nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (17-17-17-39)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0XFRWW (AM4) 50 °C
Graphics
LEN T2054pC (1440x900@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 560 (Dell) 52 °C
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (SATA ) 36 °C
Optical Drives
PLDS DVD+-RW DU-8A5LH
Audio
Realtek Audio

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You have an AMD APU. You also have a RX560. That going to make for low fps. The APU sets the frames limits, the gpu just has to live upto that number.
So, lower the graphics settings. If the frames go up, the gpu isn't strong enough to keep up. If the frames really don't move much, then it's the APU that's weak.

Without changing any hardware, you'll have to tailor your graphics settings manually, not just pick a default setting. Lowering stuff like viewing distance gives the APU a break, stuff like Anti-alias and grass detail helps a weak gpu.

iamacow

Admirable

What? Are you saying the CPU is weak and therefore cannot provide enough processing power to aid a RX560, or the APU has built-in set frame limit?

Anyways I would think about replacing the CPU with a Ryzen 3 or better.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No, that's not what I said. The cpu processes the game code before it hits the gpu. It can only process so much code, so fast. That's the limit of fps it can dish out when maxed out. So let's say the cpu can process 100fps maxed. The gpu then has the responsibility of reproducing that image 100x. With a strong gpu, it might easily do ultra at 100fps, but lowering settings doesn't change anything, weak cpu. Use a weak gpu and it might get 80fps at high, lowering settings to medium gets 100fps.

But that all changes with every game. Some games are highly script intensive, put a huge burden on the cpu, like gta:v. Some games are more graphic oriented, more burden on the gpu.

So with lower performance components, you'll have to balance the settings manually, depending on just how each individual game responds. Just setting a global directive like high or medium makes the game playable, but fine tuning will get the most out of what's left.

outofthesky

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
Some easy things to do is to stop your windows defender or virus checker and close all programs. I use razer cortex and it shuts down most applications and clears memory for gaming.