How can i boot into TAILs

DiamondxCrafting

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
So I downloaded TAILs and netbootin to burn the iso file to a flash drive, after that i restarted (btw am using a laptop) and no keys were shown to change boot options, so I went to the advanced startup options and eventually went to the UEFI firmware then i went to boot setup and made it so the flash drive boots first and after doing that and restarting with the flash plugged in i got this error:

Secure Boot Violation
Invalid signature detected. Check secure boot policy

so i did and i disabled the secure boot thing, also I have the legacy usb thing enabled and then when i did so and restarted it went to a black screen with this:

boot:

it was kinda like cmd i tried typing Live, Linux, TAILs but nothing worked, anyone know how I can boot into tails?

thanks!

EDIT: also as i mentioned i do have legacy usb thing enabled BUT when i got to the boot priority settings and make it so the flash drive boots first it says UEFI: sanddisk (blablabla) although I do have Legacy enabled

What exactly are you trying to do? Dual boot Linux and Windows? If so you don't need TAILS, you simply need to install your version of Linux. Then you will get a GRUB Boot Manager that will allow you to select Linux or Windows via a command line menu at boot up.

DiamondxCrafting

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
I am trying to use TAILs because its safer while using onion links and stuff, also as I have said McHenryB there was an option about legacy for usb drivers or something like that and i have it enabled

if it helps my laptop is: ASUS K550L

DiamondxCrafting

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015

I enabled it, it gave me the same black screen when it started:

Failed to load COM32 file menu.c32
boot:

and it keeps going on like that, after researching that error I still have no clue on what to do, so hopefully you know enough about linux

DiamondxCrafting

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015

I saw these threads but as you may have noticed I have NEVER used linux, I know nothing about it, so I have no clue on what to do, one suggests to type in a command, how can i do that if I never even got into the OS yet?

are you able to help me?

DiamondxCrafting

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
after i restarted again and checked the boot settings again there was an option for the flash drive without the UEFI and it worked!! but when i tried opening tor it said that i wasnt ready so i waited like 10 minutes but didn't anyways after that i restarted and then I booted from the flash drive again but i got a system check error which restarted and got the same error so i removed the flash drive then it booted back to windows, I tried to reinstall tails on it and same error..... what happened?

DiamondxCrafting

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
It works now but.... I can't use tor
It says unable to find proxy server so i tried getting a proxy from hisemyass but doesn't work and tried to use no proxy but also doesn't work and it says on the tor icon
Tor disabled