Question How can I change a network from Guest to Private?

youssif9494

Reputable
Apr 13, 2019
I want to know how can I change a DIFFERENT network adapter (not my main internet connection) from guest to private.
When i click "properties" in 'network status' it shows me a network profile, but only for my main Ethernet connection. I want this same window but for other network adapter.

In other words:
Do you know this window that shows up on the right of the screen when you connect to a new network? asking you if you want this new network to be private/home or public? yea, i accidentally clicked away from it, how do I get it back?

Ralston18

Titan
If I understand correctly what you want to do is done on the router - not your network adapter.

What make and model router do you have? Do you have admin rights to that router?

That said you can get to the computer's network adapters via

"WIN" + "I" > Network & Internet > Ethernet

That window provides access to the network adapter's configuration settings. "Change adapter options" in the upper right corner.

Remember that, for most users, you should only have one network adapter enabled at a time.

Another route:

Control Panel > Network and Internet

youssif9494

Reputable
Apr 13, 2019
If I understand correctly what you want to do is done on the router - not your network adapter.

What make and model router do you have? Do you have admin rights to that router?

That said you can get to the computer's network adapters via

"WIN" + "I" > Network & Internet > Ethernet

That window provides access to the network adapter's configuration settings. "Change adapter options" in the upper right corner.

Remember that, for most users, you should only have one network adapter enabled at a time.

Another route:

Control Panel > Network and Internet

Yea, I only have 1 main adapter, the 2nd one is from a VPN (setting it up to try a LAN game)

Unfortunately, the one I want to change doesn't show up (I want to change the Radmin's VPN one)
YmNOehD.png

Ralston18

Titan
I am not familiar with the game nor RadminVPN services.

If you are just trying the game then do not bother with VPN.

No reason to really use VPN as I understand the situation. Correct me if I am wrong.

Doubt that you will gain much by using a VPN. I.e., a "better connection". Could even be worse.

Play as is and then post any specific problems or error messages. Or post any previous errors or messages.

Moving post from Networking to PC Gaming.

Hopefully someone else who has tried the game will be able to help.