How can i change my 64bit windows 7 to 32bit licenced version

deep_ur

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
I have a laptop with preinstalled windows7 64 bit. I want to install windows 7 32 bit with the same licence. what should I do?

scottiemedic

Distinguished
My issue is backwards of this, but... I have a laptop preinstalled with 7 32 bit. I made the restore CDs via Toshiba's process. Now, can I take my Windows 7 Pro 64 iso and extract the files out of there to inject into the Toshiba made CDs, like the old days of replacing the i386 folder in Windows NT and 2000?

N19h7M4r3

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
If i'm not mistaken, licenses dont cover the Bits, so you can change it at will, if you have a friend that has a Windows 7 DVD, format your harddrive and install the 32 bit version but with your license number. you can try to ask the folks where you bought the laptop but they are surelly gonna charge you something for their troubles.

Do not do this, you can't use a retail Win 7 DVD with your OEM license. From what I have seen, Win7 OEM disks are also not compatable between brands, so even if you happen to have an OEM disk from another manufacturer, your key will not work in it.