How can I check if a graphics card will be a compatible upgrade with my computer?

SamuraiDuck3

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
I have a CybertronPC Patriot gm1293d desktop. It's the one with integrated graphics. I would like to know if the Saphire Radeon r9 270x 4gb GDDR5 graphisc card will a) fit in the case, and b) be compatible with the entire rest of the computer. Thanks in advance!

RageGamingZone

Reputable
Jul 22, 2015
to check from a PCI-e point of view, yes the card will fit in the PCIe x16 slot that you have on the board. From a PSU point of view, that 450W power supply might be ''just enough'', with all reserves, but I would be thinking of upgrading the PSU as well.

RageGamingZone

Reputable
Jul 22, 2015

do you have any other cards hooked up to the slots of the board? Because if you don't then the form factor shouldn't be a problem and the card is backward compatible with the PCIe x16 slot you have in your system

mattme00

Reputable
May 26, 2015
I would look at the clearance you have inside your case and reorient anything that doesn't give the graphics card you want maximum space. But you should keep in mind that your A4 dual core CPU may have a slight bottle neck, when given 4gb of GDDR5 to keep up with. I don't have much experience with dual-cores, but you are getting a pretty high performance card.