Question How can I check to see if ASUS anti-surge is triggered by a false positive?

Aug 5, 2019
Today I had my computers PSU replaced with a 550w power supply along with an additional 8gb stick of RAM installed, and now I am getting this ASUS anti-surge message every time I try to play a game.

My specs are 16gb RAM
Win 7 64 Bit
i5 4570 3.20GHz
GTX 960

I am using the power cable for my original supply which I believe had a similar wattage. The new PSU was freshly installed today and should be adequate for the above components. I am using the PC to post this message right now but if I dare to launch a game the anti-surge protection will shut it down almost immediately no questions asked.

I want to know if there's a way I can check whether anti-surge is being triggered by a false positive, or whether it's actually saving my PC. I've read mixed reports online about anti-surges reliability as a life saver or an unnecessary pain, and would like to be certain before following up my technician, or disabling the anti-surge protection. Is there a way I can check without opening up the PC? Thanks in advance.

"I want to know if there's a way I can check whether anti-surge is being triggered by a false positive, or whether it's actually saving my PC. "

I would run HWInfo and check the voltages. They should remain within 5% of +12, +5 and + 3.3.

If not.....Anti-surge may be valid.

If so.....it may be invalid.

I've seen where ASUS antisurge "seems" to act up sometimes.

Today I had my computers PSU replaced with a 550w power supply along with an additional 8gb stick of RAM installed, and now I am getting this ASUS anti-surge message every time I try to play a game.

My specs are 16gb RAM
Win 7 64 Bit
i5 4570 3.20GHz
GTX 960

I am using the power cable for my original supply which I believe had a similar wattage. The new PSU was freshly installed today and should be adequate for the above components. I am using the PC to post this message right now but if I dare to launch a game the anti-surge protection will shut it down almost immediately no questions asked.

I want to know if there's a way I can check whether anti-surge is being triggered by a false positive, or whether it's actually saving my PC. I've read mixed reports online about anti-surges reliability as a life saver or an unnecessary pain, and would like to be certain before following up my technician, or disabling the anti-surge protection. Is there a way I can check without opening up the PC? Thanks in advance.

Depends on what PSU you bought....